FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Logging Group Manager actions
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Logging Group Manager actions [message #164072] Sun, 02 January 2011 19:54 Go to next message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
Just a first step since I felt like it Razz

In admlog.php

After

case "ADDFORUM":
				echo '<td>Created Forum</td><td>forum: '.return_forum_name($obj->a_res_id).'</td>';
				break;

insert

case "ADDGRP":
				echo '<td>Added groupmember</td><td>'.$obj->logaction.'</td>';
				break;	
			case "DELGRP":
				echo '<td>Deleted groupmember</td><td>'.$obj->logaction.'</td>';
				break;	
			case "EDITGRP":
				echo '<td>Edited groupmember</td><td>'.$obj->logaction.'</td>';
				break;	

In groupmgr.php.t
After
	if (isset($_POST['btn_submit'])) {

insert
		fud_use('logaction.inc');

After
q('INSERT INTO {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}group_members (group_members_opt, user_id, group_id) VALUES ('.$perm.', '.$usr_id.', '.$group_id.')');

insert
$user_alias = q_singleval("SELECT alias FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}users WHERE id=".$usr_id);
				$group_name = q_singleval("SELECT name FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}groups WHERE id=".$group_id);
				$log_add_grp = 'Added member '.$user_alias.' ('.$usr_id.') to group '.$group_name.' ('.$group_id.')';
				logaction(_uid, 'ADDGRP', 0, $log_add_grp);

after
q('UPDATE {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}group_members SET group_members_opt='.$perm.' WHERE id='.(int)$_POST['edit']);

insert
$user_alias = q_singleval("SELECT alias FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}users WHERE id=".$usr_id);
				$group_name = q_singleval("SELECT name FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}groups WHERE id=".$group_id);
				$log_edit_grp = 'Edit member '.$user_alias.' ('.$usr_id.') in group '.$group_name.' ('.$group_id.')';
				logaction(_uid, 'EDITGRP', 0, $log_edit_grp);

After
	if (isset($_GET['del']) && ($del = (int)$_GET['del']) && $group_id && sq_check(0, $usr->sq)) {

insert
		fud_use('logaction.inc');

After
$is_gl = q_singleval("SELECT user_id FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}group_members WHERE group_id=".$group_id." AND user_id=".$del." AND group_members_opt>=131072 AND (group_members_opt & 131072) > 0");

insert
				$user_alias = q_singleval("SELECT alias FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}users WHERE id=".$del);
				$log_del_grp = 'Deleted member '.$user_alias.' ('.$del.') from group '.$group_name.' ('.$group_id.')';
				logaction(_uid, 'DELGRP', 0, $log_del_grp);

This should add entries to the action log whenever someone adds, edits or deletes a groupmember

Re: Logging Group Manager actions [message #164073 is a reply to message #164072] Sun, 02 January 2011 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pardon the tabs, its late, going to bed, just wanted to share. Trying to share stuff from now on, sorta Razz

Re: Logging Group Manager actions [message #164076 is a reply to message #164073] Mon, 03 January 2011 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Beautiful! I'll commit it later.

PS: It would be easier if you can post your changes in unidiff (diff -u) format.
For more info, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff#Unified_format
Re: Logging Group Manager actions [message #164077 is a reply to message #164076] Mon, 03 January 2011 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess I will have to get a tool for that Razz

Re: Logging Group Manager actions [message #164089 is a reply to message #164077] Mon, 03 January 2011 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you use Windows, you can try http://winmerge.org/

"Creates patch files (Normal-, Context- and Unified formats)"
Re: Logging Group Manager actions [message #164093 is a reply to message #164089] Mon, 03 January 2011 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use ultraedit, so i picked up uestudio, that should be able to do the job. Was annoyed that uedit couldnt do it from the start.

Re: Logging Group Manager actions [message #164167 is a reply to message #164072] Fri, 07 January 2011 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
You said :Ernesto wrote on Sun, 02 January 2011 13:54
Just a first step since I felt like it Razz
<- Snip -->
This should add entries to the action log whenever someone adds, edits or deletes a groupmember

Is there more to come? Or needed?

Which brings me to ask just how comprehensive is the admin log function, and are there any other recommended additions to be made?

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Logging Group Manager actions [message #164256 is a reply to message #164167] Sun, 16 January 2011 08:38 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes, we will log a lot more than this in FUDforum 3.0.3, for example, SQL statements that look suspect (insert, update, delete, drop, etc.). I'm not sure how far we are going to take this. Only time will tell. We should also be cautious not to over do it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Database host:port support
Next Topic: Fudforum on Foswiki appliance
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:25:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03992 seconds