FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Mailing list incorporated directly into forum software
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mailing list incorporated directly into forum software [message #164138] Thu, 06 January 2011 05:39 Go to next message
Kiwi is currently offline  Kiwi
A feature I like in the Webcrossing forum software is the ability for the actual forum software to serve a mailing list, rather than it needing to feed into a mailing list hosted elsewhere, which how I understand fudforum works.

Basically, with webcrossing you give the folder an "email name" and it serves an email list using that name (which can be different from the folder title)

It would be so good if something similar could be incorporated in Fudforum as it makes it so easy to use.
Re: Mailing list incorporated directly into forum software [message #164144 is a reply to message #164138] Thu, 06 January 2011 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
That's where we are going as well.
However, since we don't charge money for FUDforum, you shouldn't expect it any time soon.
Unless you are willing to help, of course...
Re: Mailing list incorporated directly into forum software [message #164150 is a reply to message #164144] Thu, 06 January 2011 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kiwi is currently offline  Kiwi
naudefj wrote on Thu, 06 January 2011 07:24
That's where we are going as well.

Excellent! I knew I'd found the right forum software! Thanks for confirming it!

However, since we don't charge money for FUDforum, you shouldn't expect it any time soon.

I fully understand this! It will be a great feature when it arrives!

Unless you are willing to help, of course...

Unfortunately I don't have the skills to work on this task! I will though look for another niche that I can fit into. Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 06 January 2011 15:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mailing list incorporated directly into forum software [message #164936 is a reply to message #164150] Tue, 05 April 2011 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dayo is currently offline  Dayo   Iraq
Hopefully not at the cost of the existing way it works which is an excellent way of providing a portal to a third party list (when a version with the relevant patch is released)
Re: Mailing list incorporated directly into forum software [message #164950 is a reply to message #164936] Fri, 08 April 2011 10:33 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Dayo wrote:
Hopefully not at the cost of the existing way it works which is an excellent way of providing a portal to a third party list (when a version with the relevant patch is released)

Obviously not. We will have additional dials to enable it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: maillist.php support for simple machines forum?
Next Topic: Embed Related Wishlist for 3.0.3
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:04:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02944 seconds