FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » Test Forum » Test of Usenet Forum (Trying to decide on which to use.)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Test of Usenet Forum [message #164173] Fri, 07 January 2011 13:08 Go to next message
mikesla is currently offline  mikesla   Canada
Hi.

If I can have someone test drive this for me, it would be very helpful. At the moment offering usenet groups by using FUDform on my personal dialup won't work with more than one person at a time being logged in, so that is just not a viable route.

I am going to use FUDforum as a normal subject/topic based forum, and have another program just for Usenet which is now where you come in.

If you have the time, visit http://paranorbbs.no-ip.org:85

Please let me know how it goes.

Until I can find a free server which will allow me to import newsgroups into FUDforum I think this will be the more intelligent way of doing things.

Cheers, and take care!

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2011 13:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Test of Usenet Forum [message #164184 is a reply to message #164173] Sat, 08 January 2011 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Quote:
The connection has timed out
The server at paranorbbs.no-ip.org is taking too long to respond.

Though I don't know what the passion is about a free server (theres no such thing)

If you could help me with XML Syndication, Newsgroup Managment, and XML Aggregation I might be able to help you.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Test of Usenet Forum [message #164188 is a reply to message #164184] Sat, 08 January 2011 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mikesla is currently offline  mikesla   Canada
The Witcher wrote on Fri, 07 January 2011 20:49
Quote:
The connection has timed out
The server at paranorbbs.no-ip.org is taking too long to respond.

Though I don't know what the passion is about a free server (theres no such thing)

If you could help me with XML Syndication, Newsgroup Managment, and XML Aggregation I might be able to help you.

Hi.

I'm new to all of this myself, but the newsgroups is very easy to do.

As far as free servers are concerned, One you don't have to pay for it (even 5 bucks can buy milk if you need it). Here is the best free webhost service which I have come across.

https://x10hosting.com

It has no monthly bandwidth restrictions, and no Hardrive space limits, and it's free. Just make sure that you read their TOS, they are very strict.

Later!
Re: Test of Usenet Forum [message #164206 is a reply to message #164188] Sun, 09 January 2011 13:19 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Free sounds good, but its not really free somebody eventually pays for it one way or another.
You might not have to shell out a few bucks every month for your own host but at least you have more control when you do. I tried the free route when I 1st started and will never do it again.

I'd prefer to join with a few other local clubs groups and organizations, who have modest space and bandwidth needs and share space, works well for me and for them.

As for the news groups I'm sure it's easy I just don't know enough to do them yet, but I'd like to understand more. The http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Mailing_List_Manager Is Greek to me but like the XML aggregation its something I'd like to understand better.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: test
Next Topic: Test poll
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 05 11:07:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02742 seconds