FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Parse error when posting or attempting consistency check (*Fixed*)
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Parse error when posting or attempting consistency check (*Fixed*) [message #164466] Tue, 08 February 2011 07:59 Go to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Ver 3.0.2 When attempting post:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_AS in /home1/user/domain.name/theme/theme_name/post.php on line 2911
		q_limit('SELECT \'' AS location, 0 AS message_id, '. _esc($at['name']) .' AS original_name, '. $owner .' AS owner, '. $attach_opt .' AS attach_opt, id AS mime_type, '. $at['size'] .' AS fsize

When attempting consistency check:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_AS in
/home1/ user/FUDforum/include/theme/default/attach.inc on line 30
		q_limit('SELECT \'' AS location, 0 AS message_id, '. _esc($at['name']) .' AS original_name, '. $owner .' AS owner, '. $attach_opt .' AS attach_opt, id AS mime_type, '. $at['size'] .' AS fsize

Apparently this is related to the mime system, and occurred not long after I had attempted to add a mime video icon specifically for .wmv files and then deleted it.
So far I'm not seeing how to repair it.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2011 14:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Parse error when posting or attempting consistency check [message #164475 is a reply to message #164466] Tue, 08 February 2011 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Fixed!
Restored a previous data dump, downloaded a copy of the themes to a hard drive, then restored the original files back and uploaded the saved themes which repaired the issue.

Perhaps it's not the most elegant solution but it works.

Re: Parse error when posting or attempting consistency check [message #164495 is a reply to message #164475] Fri, 11 February 2011 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Problem was a corrupted attach.inc.t and not adding of a MIME type. Syntax should be:
q_limit('SELECT \'\' AS location
Re: Parse error when posting or attempting consistency check [message #164515 is a reply to message #164495] Sat, 12 February 2011 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Declaring the issue fixed was apparently premature, after returning and adding the custom theme the problem reoccurred as soon as I rebuilt the themes.

Trying your proposed solution had the same result!

I also encountered a similar error when deleting the post containing the video I was attempting to make the mime recognize.
 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_AS in /home1/user/domain.name/theme/default/mmod.php on line 990

Applying your fix
 q_limit('SELECT \'\' AS location, 
allowed me to delete the post normally, yet the errors returned as soon as I rebuilt the themes.

My next step will be to uninstall the installation and reinstall from scratch then attempt to restore the data dump.

Re: Parse error when posting or attempting consistency check [message #164525 is a reply to message #164495] Mon, 14 February 2011 17:26 Go to previous message
add to buddy list
OK so after completely reinstalling the forum and restoring the dump I still have the same problematic errors:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_AS in /home1/user/FUDforum/include/theme/default/attach.inc on line 30

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_AS in /home1/user/domain.name/theme/default/post.php on line 2911

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_AS in /home1/user/domain.name/theme/theme_name/mmod.php on line 990

Error continues even after applying your above fix, No issues using dump from before the issue arose so I have reverted to that datadump.

Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: need advice on upgrading slightly broken legacy 2.7.7. forum
Next Topic: FUDforum 2.5 source code
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 02:53:38 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00692 seconds