FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » button location
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
button location [message #164571] Thu, 17 February 2011 12:00 Go to next message
Bradley is currently offline  Bradley
after typing the body of the message, i have to scroll down paste file attachments and options, to reach the create topic button in the bottom right hand corner. i think maybe a lesson could be learned from wordpress that puts the publish button next to the main part of the writing, making the stuff below what they are, optional, and I shouldn't have to be 'punished' by having to scroll past to post and not use these.

also, in other news, some buttons like delete / reply are very close together. someone with a shaky hand (think accessibility here) would have difficulty replying.
Re: button location [message #164575 is a reply to message #164571] Thu, 17 February 2011 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
It makes sense!

Can you prep a patch for us?
Re: button location [message #164582 is a reply to message #164575] Fri, 18 February 2011 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bradley is currently offline  Bradley
well... i spent a few too many hours yesterday changing the template and trying to remove the masses of tables. ie, the header table became:
<div id="header"><h1>TITLE</h1><h2>DESC</h2></div>
. the usercontrolpanel became a div and i put a wrapper div around the content table, and still am trying to figure out what some of the other classes mean. i think the layout could become a lot more div friendly Wink interestingly, i removed the image backgrounds on the headers, and replaced them with css gradients, most current browsers support them, and allow for an easier method to change the colours on the forum!

i simply can't justify spending the length of time i need to, to remove all the tables and port over to a full css layout when i only have 1 member and i don't understand the intricies of fudforum properly!

so... in conclusion, as the form is going to need work, would it be feasable to make changes yet?

what i could do, if you could create some static html pages of the layout in various different page configurations, i could make static css layouts which could then be ported over to the templates by someone who knows fud better than myself.
Re: button location [message #164628 is a reply to message #164582] Sun, 20 February 2011 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
All good suggestions, you are welcome to post mock-ups.
Re: button location [message #164815 is a reply to message #164582] Mon, 14 March 2011 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lirodon is currently offline  Lirodon   Canada
Bradley wrote on Fri, 18 February 2011 04:18
well... i spent a few too many hours yesterday changing the template and trying to remove the masses of tables.

I'm actually working on a new theme, and I could seriously use help removing the aforementioned masses of tables. I got the code on Gitorious if you're interested.
Re: button location [message #166842 is a reply to message #164582] Mon, 05 March 2012 16:34 Go to previous message
rboatright is currently offline  rboatright   United States
I would sure be interested in seeing what you have.

In particular I would like to see the content table go away.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Permissions by rank and group
Next Topic: Suggestion: Update all Newsgroups on every run
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:48:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02815 seconds