FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » should the "new topic" button be shown...
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
should the "new topic" button be shown... [message #164590] Fri, 18 February 2011 13:35
Bradley is currently offline  Bradley
on a thread page? it seems strange that as i'm reading a thread, i'm able to make a new thread. also, the quick reply set over to the far left, when all over times, post/reply in far right!

also, on the user profile page, i noticed there's a pm graphic, and a text link to email... for the sake of consistency, choose one or the other! personally, i prefer the text links as they're more user friendly, and, easier to template - if i wanted a button look, i could using css.

infact, maybe all 'buttons' could be replaced with text links (i'm guessing graphic links are a throw-back to the 90s anyway), a .button class and a class for the name of the 'button', ie. .new-topic, .reply-to-thread etc along with css styles? that'd be hella nice and leagues ahead of any forum i've had the "pleasure" of working with!

<div class="button new-topic"><a href="#" title="Create a new topic">New Topic</a></div>
Easily one could add a border of different colour and style, gradient backgrounds, change text colour, text size etc. it's gets my css juices flowing just thinking about it!

i could help with knocking up the css if needed.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2011 13:45]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Add a download page to menu
Next Topic: Ordering the forums by dragging
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:49:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02331 seconds