FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Ordering the forums by dragging
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Ordering the forums by dragging [message #164594] Fri, 18 February 2011 14:02 Go to next message
Bradley is currently offline  Bradley
Sorry for all the suggestions, but... I love jquery and in the JQuery UI, it has draggables, adn droppables, which would allow lists to be sorted by dragging and dropping. This is relatively easy javascript to do. This would perhaps be more intuitive than the current interface? Again, if given a sample form, perhaps i could rewrite it with js? it would mean the jquery ui would have to be included with the package
Re: Ordering the forums by dragging [message #164611 is a reply to message #164594] Sat, 19 February 2011 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
It's a great suggestion and there is no reason why we cannot include jQuery UI with the next release. Please pick any suitable FUDforum form/page to demonstrate the technique and post it as a patch/diff so we can apply it to the SVN repository.
Re: Ordering the forums by dragging [message #164622 is a reply to message #164611] Sat, 19 February 2011 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bradley is currently offline  Bradley
ok, well, making a patch across the template system when i'm still trying to wrap my head around it all is going to be difficult. is it ok if i make a static page of the relevant section, and then, it'd just be a cut/paste job into the templates that you know better than me!
Re: Ordering the forums by dragging [message #164623 is a reply to message #164622] Sat, 19 February 2011 17:41 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes, let's try to see how it will turn out.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: should the "new topic" button be shown...
Next Topic: Setting Notification w/body as a per-user option and editing email template
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue May 14 04:58:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02305 seconds