FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » "Hey You! Register to start posting" plugin
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
"Hey You! Register to start posting" plugin [message #164587] Fri, 18 February 2011 13:06 Go to next message
Bradley is currently offline  Bradley
Other than hacking a message into the template, is there a plugin that will allow me to define a message before the content table for unregistered users? I think this will really help registration figures.

Also, I had problems getting 3.02 to work on my server, so if I develop in 3.0.1, will that still work going forwards in the 3.x versions?

Answered my own question from a link in the competition thread: http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Plugin

Ok, but as I understand, there's no way to actually hook into inserting a message there without a str_replace and inserting a token into the relevant template manually? unless.. I somehow assertain the current template name, detect if an override of the template file exists in the tmpl directory, create if not, and then add the token to the relevant template in the plugin_enable function right?

or is there a simpler way? and any documentation on how to add fields to the plugin configure part so the message could be defined?

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2011 13:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "Hey You! Register to start posting" plugin [message #164633 is a reply to message #164587] Sun, 20 February 2011 14:11 Go to previous message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
{IF:!_uid}Message{ENDIF}

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Fudforum on Foswiki appliance
Next Topic: Anonymize Fudforum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:55:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02612 seconds