FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » corrupt database
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
corrupt database [message #164659] Thu, 24 February 2011 10:03 Go to next message
m4morris is currently offline  m4morris   United Kingdom
A strange one.

My forum has crashed a couple of times of late (all sorted now - server issue) and it has left a gap of about 5/6 weeks (Dec 21st - Jan 29th) where the threads are in place but no message body. Signatures and avatars are still displayed.

for a specific period Dec 21st - Jan 18th the blank spaces are now filled with random text from other topics.

OK i can manually go through the several hundred pages and delete the topics but the same thing is happening with PMs

If i look at my PM inbox for say Jan 5th. I will have a message from someone but the text it contains is from someone elses PM. After Jan 19th all my PM boxes are blank (like the main topics).

The server was reset properly around Jan 29th and everything since then is all in place as is everything prior to Dec 21st.

Anyone have any ideas why there is a cross contamination? The privacy of the PM's is what's concerning me most.
Re: corrupt database [message #164690 is a reply to message #164659] Mon, 28 February 2011 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m4morris is currently offline  m4morris   
Any suggestions?

If it helps any, 4 days along the line and the next four days of blank posts between Dec 19th and Dec 23rd are filled with randon text.

I have searched and found that the text being randomly entered into those empty spaces is from actual messages posted on the forum in the last 24 hours.
Re: corrupt database [message #164702 is a reply to message #164690] Wed, 02 March 2011 10:08 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
It's difficult to comment on issues like this without understanding what happened and the current state of the forum/system. It may help to just delete these posts from the DB and run the consistency checker.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: PM help please
Next Topic: drupal plug in.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:29:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04657 seconds