FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » Test Forum » What is the meaning of life? (Big Deal, Huh?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
What is the meaning of life? [message #36244] Fri, 09 March 2007 23:18 Go to next message
chowy   United States
The meaning of life is hard to figure. It all depends on who you are and what you want out of life, you know?

[Updated on: Tue, 13 March 2007 14:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What is the meaning of life? [message #37793 is a reply to message #36244] Tue, 26 June 2007 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skeptic griggsy is currently offline  skeptic griggsy   United States
We are our own purposes and goals.Our purposes, human love and this life suffice; divine purpose and love and a future state are nothing.We ought not be"mustabatory"[ Dr. Albert Ellis] in wanting the latter three.It is a non sequitur to argue that ,because the cosmos has no purpose and no god has a purpose for us, that there are no purposes for us.Read Robert C. Price's "The Reason Driven Life."

Fr. Griggs rests in his Socratic ignorance and humble naturalism. He might be wrong!
icon12.gif  Re: What is the meaning of life? [message #157889 is a reply to message #36244] Thu, 23 October 2008 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skeptic griggsy is currently offline  skeptic griggsy   United States
Cool Chowy, indeed. My motto is :life is its own validation and reward and ultimate purpose. We rationalists find that reason saves us : thereby we avoid the scams of Paul Kurtz's 'The Transcendent Temptation"- those of the supernatural and paranormal superstitions. We naturalists find that science is our glory, contrary to fellow skeptic John L.Schellenberg in "The Wisdom to Doubt." We humanists find that the covenant morality for humanity binds us globally as Paul Kurtz, our distinguished leader ever admonishes. Very Happy
Double depression is so depressing1 Your cortical defective, happy, depressive schizotypal [ Most schizotypals endorse that temptation,but I objurgate it!]. Mad

Fr. Griggs rests in his Socratic ignorance and humble naturalism. He might be wrong!
Re: What is the meaning of life? [message #158124 is a reply to message #36244] Mon, 02 February 2009 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manuel_fabius is currently offline  manuel_fabius   Haiti
I did a lil search on your question and came up with this...

The meaning of life is deeply mixed with the philosophical and religious conceptions of existence, consciousness, and happiness, and touches on many other issues, such as symbolic meaning, ontology, value, purpose, ethics, good and evil, free will, conceptions of God, the existence of God, the soul and the afterlife. Scientific contributions are more indirect; by describing the empirical facts about the universe, science provides some context and sets parameters for conversations on related topics. An alternative, human-centric, and not a cosmic/religious approach is the question "What is the meaning of my life?" The value of the question pertaining to the purpose of life may be considered to be coincidal with the achievement of ultimate reality, if that is believed by one to exist.

...As you can see there is not really an answer to your question, I mean that's what humanity has been trying to figure out since over 2000 years...
Re : What is the meaning of life? [message #164691 is a reply to message #36244] Mon, 28 February 2011 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   France
ouh lala
Re: Re : What is the meaning of life? [message #164698 is a reply to message #164691] Tue, 01 March 2011 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilili123 is currently offline  lilili123
Life sucks.
Sometimes it doesn't.
Re: What is the meaning of life? [message #164997 is a reply to message #36244] Wed, 13 April 2011 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yddub is currently offline  yddub   United States
"42"
Re: What is the meaning of life? [message #165943 is a reply to message #158124] Tue, 30 August 2011 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
manuel_fabius wrote on Mon, 02 February 2009 12:52
I did a lil search on your question and came up with this...

The meaning of life is deeply mixed with the philosophical and religious conceptions of existence, consciousness, and happiness, and touches on many other issues, such as symbolic meaning, ontology, value, purpose, ethics, good and evil, free will, conceptions of God, the existence of God, the soul and the afterlife. Scientific contributions are more indirect; by describing the empirical facts about the universe, science provides some context and sets parameters for conversations on related topics. An alternative, human-centric, and not a cosmic/religious approach is the question "What is the meaning of my life?" The value of the question pertaining to the purpose of life may be considered to be coincidal with the achievement of ultimate reality, if that is believed by one to exist.

...As you can see there is not really an answer to your question, I mean that's what humanity has been trying to figure out since over 2000 years...

From more than 5000 years actually....
Aw: Re: What is the meaning of life? [message #166035 is a reply to message #165943] Tue, 06 September 2011 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomaswinter is currently offline  thomaswinter   United Kingdom
meaning of life: walk on a path to end the suffering
Re: What is the meaning of life? [message #166318 is a reply to message #36244] Thu, 10 November 2011 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fletch is currently offline  Fletch   United Kingdom
who knows - keep searching !
Re: What is the meaning of life? [message #166331 is a reply to message #36244] Tue, 15 November 2011 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   United States
The meaning of life is to reproduce. It gets much more complicated when you factor in humans, though.
Re: What is the meaning of life? [message #166443 is a reply to message #36244] Mon, 12 December 2011 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Test
Re: What is the meaning of life? [message #166471 is a reply to message #36244] Thu, 15 December 2011 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AntonFerry is currently offline  AntonFerry
Actually it is different for different people. For some people it is simple, fir some there is a higher purpose, it depends on how many lives you've lived before. But if you suffer without definite answer about meaning of life - you are in the beginning of a wonderfull path to the light. I've found my path throught site about what is the meaning of life. But it is only for less than 10% of all people on Earth.
Re: What is the meaning of life? [message #166705 is a reply to message #36244] Tue, 14 February 2012 16:18 Go to previous message
Anonymous
Hej hej... Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Title of a new post
Next Topic: Test my dialup server
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 09 04:29:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02653 seconds