FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Original admin password
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Original admin password [message #164765] Mon, 07 March 2011 11:37 Go to next message
Helraiser is currently offline  Helraiser   United Kingdom
I have inherited a fudforum from a previous administrator which I have been running for a few years. I would like to make some changes to the forum, however, despite having admin privilages I was unable to make these changes under my username. I believe the problem is that I was not the original creator of the site and I do not have the original admin rights.

I tried creating a completely new installation and importing a data dump. I had hoped that I would retain the admin rights but unfortunately the original rights were imported with the forum. If anyone knows if there is any way to change the original admin name/password I would appreciate it.
Re: Original admin password [message #164766 is a reply to message #164765] Mon, 07 March 2011 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum doesn't have a "super admin" account.
Re: Original admin password [message #164768 is a reply to message #164766] Mon, 07 March 2011 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Helraiser is currently offline  Helraiser   United Kingdom
Thanks, naudefj. When I imported the original forum (from the backup) a red message came up saying something like 'admin accounts do not match, login again after completion'. I assumed it had reset at this point. Any idea why I cannot login to upgrade the forum on my admin account (upgrading to 3.0.0 version from 2.7.7)? I dont get an error message, it just keeps reloading the same page when I try to login.
Re: Original admin password [message #164769 is a reply to message #164768] Mon, 07 March 2011 12:15 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Sounds like a cookie problem.
Check your WWW_ROOT & COOKIE_DOMAIN in GLOBALS.php.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUD Install error. :-(
Next Topic: Consistency fail after update from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 02 19:19:15 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02547 seconds