FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » Is this a joke? (help needed)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Is this a joke? [message #165488] Wed, 29 June 2011 02:48 Go to next message
Holly12 is currently offline  Holly12
I am a member of www.vichorse.com/forum

There are some quiet concerning posts from other members aimed at a certain few members.

Regardless the Admin nor Moderators seem to care.

I have said that some should 'sit on there hands' and let it be but do you think they listen?

The site is viewable even if you are not a registered member, young members on there also seeing the slander and harassment from other members.

The site IS known for being nasty.

Due to the owner of the site not 'caring' so to speak is there anything YOU can do since that site is run through here!

If nothing can be done I'm afraid I will have to seek help from higher authorities!

We all know what slander and harassment can do to people, It's not just over the internet, it happens outside of it via this forum!
Re: Is this a joke? [message #165490 is a reply to message #165488] Wed, 29 June 2011 09:46 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
I'm sorry Holly but you can hardly hold the software developers responsible for the online conduct of the software users! Although the site you referred to uses FUDforum software it is not run through FUDforum.org and we have no control over it.

And as far as higher authorities I'm afraid you would be beating a dead horse in any attempt, since the forum appears to be Australian with users from around the globe, so unless you could identify a specific problem which is a violation of a specific law in a area where someone has some form of jurisdiction over it you will probably be out of luck.

I know it's rough sometimes when people say unkind and hurtful things online but it's a fact of life in the internet age as are people posting personal and or slanderous information.

Probably the best you can do is set a better example or create your own forum (administered by you) that sets a higher standard for conduct.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Happy new year
Next Topic: Comparison of FUD vs phpBB etc
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:02:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02259 seconds