FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » PHP discussions » Object not found! Error 404
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon9.gif  Object not found! Error 404 [message #34336] Sat, 21 October 2006 15:57 Go to next message
adesi is currently offline  adesi   Australia
Sad I did a test php script and put it into htdocs folder. I also saved it as a php extension. I open a browser and typed in the path as http://localhost/timetest.php (Yes, this is the correct name, and the spelling is correct).

I receive this error. I have installed XAMPP and can see the test php script which appears when you view it through the brower when the Apache server is 'on'.

I need someones' kind assistance.

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404
localhost
10/22/06 01:25:32
Apache/2.2.3 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8d mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.1.6
Re: Object not found! Error 404 [message #34405 is a reply to message #34336] Thu, 26 October 2006 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phpse is currently offline  phpse   India

Hi adesi,

Check whether you have placed the php file in the right place , ie the documentroot of your server.
Re: Object not found! Error 404 [message #34411 is a reply to message #34336] Fri, 27 October 2006 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adesi is currently offline  adesi   Australia
Hi PHPSE,

Thank you for your response. I managed to figure out the problem. I was using notepad as my editor, and when I changed to use a php editor, it managed to save it as a php file rather than a text file. All working fine now. ...And once again thank you.

Adesi Smile
Re: Object not found! Error 404 [message #165793 is a reply to message #34411] Thu, 11 August 2011 16:58 Go to previous message
lsesudesh is currently offline  lsesudesh

OBJECT NOT FOUND PROBLUM SOLUTION
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Choose PHP Framework Tips
Next Topic: Problems with cron jobs - php or SQL ??
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 08 07:53:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02687 seconds