FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » User-friendly and good-looking
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon14.gif  User-friendly and good-looking [message #165796] Fri, 12 August 2011 05:51 Go to next message
n4is3n is currently offline  n4is3n   Indonesia

It would be nice, if FUD become more user-friendly and good-looking, Smile

Thanks, Very Happy
Re: Balasan: FUDforum 3.0.3RC1 released [message #165798 is a reply to message #165796] Fri, 12 August 2011 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
n4is3n het op Fri, 12 August 2011 07:51 geskryf:
It would be nice, if FUD become more user-friendly and good-looking, Smile

Thanks, Very Happy

You are absolutely right! Luckily you can style it to look just the way you want. Please let us know if you have any specific suggestions, or if you can help us to make it look prettier!
icon14.gif  Re: Balasan: FUDforum 3.0.3RC1 released [message #165805 is a reply to message #165798] Fri, 12 August 2011 14:03 Go to previous message
n4is3n is currently offline  n4is3n   Indonesia

I'm sorry, i'm not a programmer... Just user, Razz

But I have some advice that hopefully can help. I've tried a lot of forum software (Maybe all of them Razz ), and I think that fits in applied in FUD is :

1.) About user interface:

It does not matter if the admin pages remain complicated, but most importantly the front page could be more simple yet effective to be more easily understood by the user which is actually a novice user. Maybe you could remove link which is not so important like FAQ and Calendar. Because it's not so necessary. And FUD already has the search field/form above, there should be no link to search again. I do not mean to compare, but maybe you can see the phpBB3 or FluxBB with their default theme. I'm sure you can understand... Themes/UI that are more fresh and modern but simple will be preferred by users. Smile

2.) Last Topic title in index page would be great! Very Happy

3.) Resize width, dont full screen... It's look bloat Smile

4.) Maybe you can replace the logo with a picture of a welcome-fairy on top of FUD... Razz , the lamp icon as well.

5.) WYSIWYG editor and Smile/Smiley is look like... Old school... Smile

Sorry if it's too much, Razz I only give advice that I think is good for the future of FUD. Hopefully FUD can be better in the next release... Smile

Thanks,
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Is FUD's Newsgroup/NNTP setup RFC 3977 compliant?
Next Topic: Enhanced captcha's
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 18:01:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02440 seconds