FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Issues with captcha images
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Issues with captcha images [message #165863] Thu, 18 August 2011 22:37 Go to next message
JanRei is currently offline  JanRei   Germany
Contributing Core Developer
Translator
1) It seems atoz.ttf is not really a good font for displaying captchas. Captchas can contain numbers but the font seem to support only letters.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6187&private=0

2) Without ttf support the captcha are hard to read. For example, this is supposed to be 578G. It does not seem to be possible to choose a larger font size with imagestring(), but maybe we could reduce the fading in this situation. Without it the captchas are clearly readable.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6189&private=0

3) Looking at the code imagettfbbox() is called to test for ttf support. I am not sure what happens if ttf is not supported. Maybe we should prefix it with @ to suppress warnings that might be thrown.
Re: Issues with captcha images [message #165876 is a reply to message #165863] Fri, 19 August 2011 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
You are welcome to change it.

1. This is in "atoz.ttf". You can remove or replace the font file.

2. Sounds good.

3. Also OK.

PS: Please let me know how much time you need. We can implement this is 3.0.3RC1, but RC2 will only have critical fixes.
Aw: Re: Issues with captcha images [message #165881 is a reply to message #165876] Fri, 19 August 2011 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Translator
I committed the changes and my other pending bug fixes. For now I just removed the font. Maybe we can look for more suitable fonts later.
Re: Aw: Re: Issues with captcha images [message #165883 is a reply to message #165881] Fri, 19 August 2011 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Excellent. Thank you very much!

Just one question, do we really need the extra "if (defined('__adm_rsidl')) {" in footer.php?
Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Issues with captcha images [message #165884 is a reply to message #165883] Fri, 19 August 2011 14:02 Go to previous message
Translator
I saw a warning about undefined constant __adm_rsidl after calling admloginuser.php. This is supposed to be a quick fix for it, maybe there is a better one.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUD 3.0.2
Next Topic: error [Delete ALL messages by this user] (FUDforum 3.0.2)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:03:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04332 seconds