FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Syndication enabled but not functioning
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Syndication enabled but not functioning [message #165896] Sat, 20 August 2011 21:42 Go to next message
Marmac is currently offline  Marmac   United Kingdom
Hello there,

I am putting together a forum (my first! Please be gentle!) and I wish to use an XML feed of certain topics to fill a webpage.

However, I have been unable to even generate an RSS feed from the forum despite XML feed being enabled in the Syndication Manager.

All I currently get is 'No matching data found' when I click any of the examples in the Quick XML tutorial section of the Syndication Manager.

I have a feeling that I am missing something very simple that is causing me to stumble at this very early hurdle.

Any help that is offered will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Mark
Re: Syndication enabled but not functioning [message #165903 is a reply to message #165896] Sun, 21 August 2011 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Do you have recent messages on your forum?
I think messages older than 7 days are excluded to improve performance.
Re: Syndication enabled but not functioning [message #165909 is a reply to message #165903] Mon, 22 August 2011 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marmac is currently offline  Marmac   United Kingdom
Thanks naudefj

The forum has not yet gone live. It is running on a web server but there are no members as yet. I am trying to ensure that it is functioning correctly before handing it over to a moderator.

As such, I had created a few test posts, all of which are now older than 7 days. Now I have added some more posts.

In Firefox, when I click on the [Syndicate this forum (XML)] link and then on one of the example feeds, it creates a live bookmark.
But when I click the live bookmark it only shows "Live Bookmark feed failed to load", rather than a list of posts.

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Mark
Re: Syndication enabled but not functioning [message #165911 is a reply to message #165909] Tue, 23 August 2011 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I'm not quite sure what a "live bookmark" is. Anyway, if it's a remote aggregation service and it can access your site, it should work just fine.
Aw: Re: Syndication enabled but not functioning [message #167661 is a reply to message #165911] Fri, 24 August 2012 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToniCE is currently offline  ToniCE   Germany

Hi!

How to disable that 7 days exclusion? My Forum has times with no traffic, but i want to show up last 10 threads on another page/blog and for less coding i'd like to use the syndication. Smile
Re: Aw: Re: Syndication enabled but not functioning [message #167662 is a reply to message #167661] Fri, 24 August 2012 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Edit feed.php.t and recompile your themes.
Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Syndication enabled but not functioning [message #167667 is a reply to message #167662] Sun, 26 August 2012 12:49 Go to previous message
ToniCE is currently offline  ToniCE   Germany

For documentation, it's found on line 194 (FUDForm Version 3.0.0).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: SQL fatal error
Next Topic: Tree View- threads not showing as read
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 10 08:18:23 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02301 seconds