FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » open_basedir restriction. (Error.)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
open_basedir restriction. [message #165947] Wed, 31 August 2011 19:25 Go to next message
Anik is currently offline  Anik
Hello,

First i would like to give a big thanks to you to make this great software..
well, I'm familiar with fud forum since many days and get to know about it from lxcenter, a Indian company which use your forum software..
after using i decided to use it as my forum platform also..
but i get stopped in the installation..on open_basedir restriction..

index.php?t=getfile&id=6197&private=0

is there any way to fix or bypass this?
Regards.
Re: open_basedir restriction. [message #165948 is a reply to message #165947] Thu, 01 September 2011 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you guys are all sleeping?? wake up..wake..it's morning now.... Wink
Aw: Re: open_basedir restriction. [message #165951 is a reply to message #165948] Thu, 01 September 2011 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JanRei is currently offline  JanRei   Germany
Contributing Core Developer
Translator
Sorry for the delay. I assure you we are not sleeping all the time. Wink

The install script tries to match the given paths against the set open_basedir restrictions before actually starting to copy the files. I think the problem could be that in your open_basedir settings there appear to be two slashes between www and ...com, in the given paths there is only slash. Could you please check that?
Re: Aw: Re: open_basedir restriction. [message #165952 is a reply to message #165951] Fri, 02 September 2011 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing ha ha..then i think you guys are having fun out there.. Very Happy

well, nothing seems to be working for me, can you give it a try, on http://www.gungoos.com it's a free host I'm using..
you can create a account there for fr also..

Thanks.
Re: Aw: Re: open_basedir restriction. [message #165953 is a reply to message #165952] Fri, 02 September 2011 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if everything fells then i haveta install fud on my own server which will be little trouble for me..
Re: Aw: Re: open_basedir restriction. [message #165960 is a reply to message #165953] Fri, 02 September 2011 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
This is not really a FUDforum problem. Your PHP setup prevents the installer from opening and writing to files.

Your choices:

1. Ask the hosting provider to relax the open_basedir setting in php.ini
2. Install FUDforum from command line.
3. Move to another host.
Re: Aw: Re: open_basedir restriction. [message #165970 is a reply to message #165960] Fri, 02 September 2011 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it installed on my dedicated server fine, only I'm asking is fudform will not install in shared host where open_basedir prevents?
well,normally shared host don't gives shell access..
Aw: Re: Aw: Re: open_basedir restriction. [message #165980 is a reply to message #165970] Fri, 02 September 2011 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Translator
Usually FUDforum should also work on shared hosting services that have open_basedir restrictions set. I already installed it successfully in such environments. Like I said I think they just made a small mistake (an extra slash) with the open_basedir setting. Because of this the check of the paths fails.
Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: open_basedir restriction. [message #165986 is a reply to message #165980] Fri, 02 September 2011 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on slash will solve this issue?
Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: open_basedir restriction. [message #165992 is a reply to message #165986] Fri, 02 September 2011 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Translator
It's possible that you can install the forum after adding the extra slash from open_basedir setting to the two paths. But I am not sure that it will work.
Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: open_basedir restriction. [message #166004 is a reply to message #165992] Sat, 03 September 2011 07:24 Go to previous message
Sorry Frank,..frankly i haven't any idea to fix this..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Analytics
Next Topic: Magical replicating posts
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 17 03:32:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02878 seconds