FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Auto Keywords (SEO)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Auto Keywords [message #165956] Fri, 02 September 2011 09:57 Go to next message
Anik is currently offline  Anik

You Want This?[ 5 votes ]

Hello there,

I saw in fud forums topic there is a description (in meta) which contains the thread's title and description. But in meta keyword there is nothing. For SEO it is not good really.
My suggestion is for meta description there should be the first couple of line on the particular topic.
Like this topic's description should be "Hello there, I saw in fud forums topic there is a description (in meta) which contains the thread's title and description."
and the keywords will be something like "forums, description, seo, suggestion, meta, topic" etc.
Also when some one add some reply in this topic..like if someone reply in this thread "wow, its a good idea, admin should add this" etc.
then the keywords will be something like "forums, description, seo, suggestion, meta, topic, wow, good idea, admin, add" like this..(you can add a limitation to prevent keyword flooding for search engines)
I think it will be more good for SEO..
Think about it..

Regards..
Anik,
Re: Auto Keywords [message #165976 is a reply to message #165956] Fri, 02 September 2011 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Most search engines ignore the <meta name="keywords"> tag.
That includes Google, Yahoo and all the important crawler-based search engines.
Re: Auto Keywords [message #165985 is a reply to message #165976] Fri, 02 September 2011 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you sure?
then what is th function of this tag?
Re: Auto Keywords [message #165989 is a reply to message #165956] Fri, 02 September 2011 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Sorry but I'm much more interested in making FUDforum easier to use for the average user than promoting marketing, and as best I understand it meta words etc have been so over used for marketing that they have become useless for their original purpose and have become more of a legacy than anything else.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Auto Keywords [message #165996 is a reply to message #165989] Sat, 03 September 2011 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well everyday how many users fudforum get from a search engine?
Re: Auto Keywords [message #165998 is a reply to message #165996] Sat, 03 September 2011 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Anik wrote on Sat, 03 September 2011 00:31
well everyday how many users fudforum get from a search engine?

Don't know, don't care, most of them stop by and read what they want to read or ask a few questions then disappear; very few actively participate where I can see them.

They're a pretty quiet bunch, I guess it's a matter of old age and experience outdoes youth and SEO's every time.Laughing

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Auto Keywords [message #165999 is a reply to message #165998] Sat, 03 September 2011 06:25 Go to previous message
ha ha..yeah thats true..Search engine really don't helps a lot..some time they come to a site, solve their purpose and don't even care to see what was the site's name.. Crying or Very Sad remembering is a far more thing.. Confused

[Updated on: Sat, 03 September 2011 06:26]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Human-friendly/readable URLs
Next Topic: Advertising Banners Feature
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:44:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03372 seconds