FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Make editing profiles a 1 window job
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Make editing profiles a 1 window job [message #166015] Sun, 04 September 2011 01:01 Go to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
I don't know if I am the only one who is finding this a bit difficult, but when editing users profiles entering through the members list, it opens a new window which does not give you an option to use the back button.

If you use the return to forum button, the second window stays open, if you use the members list to edit a members profile again...it will open up still another window, I found myself very quickly having four, five or even ten windows open.

This encourages you to just close the second window which seems like a bad habit since using the administration link keeps it to just one window making it easy to accidentally log yourself out.

Is there something that can be done about this? I know it was sort of discussed here: http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=119473&goto=162940& ;#msg_162940
But somehow I don't think this was the intent.

If there's a reason for it, I'm baffled.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Make editing profiles a 1 window job [message #167641 is a reply to message #166015] Thu, 16 August 2012 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atomicrun is currently offline  Atomicrun   Sweden
When a new forum member register to the forum, if you use manual-Admin approval of the account, you need to see and check all fields. So you must click all the pages. An improvement would be to supply the user-settings-page as a link right at the start, in the Admin approval-delete of new accounts.
Re: Make editing profiles a 1 window job [message #167681 is a reply to message #167641] Thu, 30 August 2012 02:25 Go to previous message
NeXuS is currently offline  NeXuS   Korea, Republic of
Contributing Core Developer
I am working on a revamped version of FUDf. One of the things I will put most of my attention on will be the Administration interface, so please have a little patience.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: I'd like to recommend ...
Next Topic: Suggestions #224231423424
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 02:33:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02527 seconds