FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » PDF creation error (FUDforum 3.0.3) (error when trying to create PDF file from posting)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
PDF creation error (FUDforum 3.0.3) [message #166221] Fri, 14 October 2011 13:32 Go to next message
kslist is currently offline  kslist
Hello All:

Just installed FUDforum to be used for an academic Mailman list that we had for about 15 years. Imported about 10,000 messages from the Mailman archives.

Here one of several *minor* problems:
Something seems wrong with the "PDF Creation" option. When clicking onto the PDF icon from within a postiong I get an error that file "FPDF.inc" cannot be found. I made a copy of the existing "fpdf.inc" file, just changing capitalization to: FPDF.inc So, we now have FPDF.inc and fpdf.inc there (content identical. But am still getting an error after that:
Fatal error: Class 'FPDF' not found in /home/user/public_html/forum/pdf.php on line 16

Anyone know what to edit?

The forum is installed on a CentOS 5.7 Linux server with cPanel as hostng interface ... I am the server admin, could fix things as root, if necessary.

Thanks.
Frank

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2011 14:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PDF creation error (FUDforum 3.0.3) [message #166243 is a reply to message #166221] Sun, 16 October 2011 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Seems to work OK here.
For example: http://fudforum.org/forum/pdf.php?msg=1
Re: PDF creation error (FUDforum 3.0.3) [message #166249 is a reply to message #166243] Sun, 16 October 2011 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And you run this forum on a CentOS 5.x server also?

Frank

[Updated on: Sun, 16 October 2011 20:51]

Re: PDF creation error (FUDforum 3.0.3) [message #166252 is a reply to message #166249] Mon, 17 October 2011 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Not sure, it's Ilia's server. I think it runs on Gentoo Linux.
Re: PDF creation error (FUDforum 3.0.3) [message #166260 is a reply to message #166252] Mon, 17 October 2011 16:32 Go to previous message
If you have root access, you see what OS it is at: /etc/redhat-release
And if indeed Gentoo Linux (is it even a Redhat flavor?), that is not a mainstream Linux flavor for hosting servers--which is not to say it is bad, just not the most popular one. It may well be that on that system the difference between capitalized and non-caitalized file names dos not matter, I do not know. But under most Linux systems it does. And my suyspicion so far is that the problem is caused by inconsistemcies in the referral (within your code) to the FPDF files ... sometimes in caps, sometimes not.

Frank

[Updated on: Mon, 17 October 2011 16:34]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Caching content for anonymous users
Next Topic: Error in message rebuild
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:04:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02477 seconds