FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » codes misinterpreted as HTML codes (" and ; codes misinterpreted as HTML codes)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
codes misinterpreted as HTML codes [message #166222] Fri, 14 October 2011 13:46 Go to next message
kslist is currently offline  kslist
Hello All:

Another problem/bug. We just installed FUDforum to be used for an academic Mailman list that we had for about 15 years. Imported about 10,000 messages from the Mailman archives.

Does anyone know if the following problem can through some code changes be solved?
As mentioned above, we started to use FUDforum as archive for a Mailman forum (East Asian studies). I just noticed that:

(a) Quotation marks combined with East Asian script are displayed as HTML quote, thus misinterpreting the quotes. Please see here for an example:
http://koreaweb.ws/ksl/index.php?t=msg&th=8164
-- at beginning and end of that Korean title should simply be a quote ("), but what you see is the HTML code for a quote spelled out.
In the MAILMAN archives the very same message looks just fine -- please compare:
http://koreaweb.ws/pipermail/koreanstudies_koreaweb.ws/2011-October/008943. html

(b) URLs to forum/board pages that include a semicolon are also not being rendered correctly, are probably misinterpreted as code in the FUDforum .... please see the only URL given within the above mentioned sample posting (also shows fine in the Mailman archives).

Thanks. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Frank

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2011 14:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: codes misinterpreted as HTML codes [message #166229 is a reply to message #166222] Sat, 15 October 2011 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you please post the original messages as an attachment or mail it to me for investigation?
Re: codes misinterpreted as HTML codes [message #166230 is a reply to message #166229] Sat, 15 October 2011 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again:

Since I am not the author of that SAMPLE message I do not have an email copy of that (before Mailman sent it out).
However, if you go to the above listed URL in the Mailman archives, it does show the message ALSO as an "HTML attachmement" -- direct link is this:
http://koreaweb.ws/pipermail/koreanstudies_koreaweb.ws/attachments/20111013 /117440ce/attachment.html

I am sure that, if using the formatting tools in the forum itself, it would work fine. It just does not as an import from Mailman. So I wonder if there is anything that could be done to correct this. Thanks.

Frank

[Updated on: Sat, 15 October 2011 12:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: codes misinterpreted as HTML codes [message #166231 is a reply to message #166230] Sat, 15 October 2011 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Unfortunately that doesn't help me much. I need to somehow be able to reproduce the problem before I can start working on a patch.
Re: codes misinterpreted as HTML codes [message #166232 is a reply to message #166231] Sat, 15 October 2011 16:01 Go to previous message
Sent you a mail.
Thank you.

Frank
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Long messages truncated
Next Topic: cannot register
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 16 04:50:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02908 seconds