FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » No IMAP option in maillist manager
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
No IMAP option in maillist manager [message #166345] Tue, 22 November 2011 14:46 Go to next message
Eljee is currently offline  Eljee   Netherlands
Hi!

I am trying to get the Mailing List Manager to work. I am on a shared host with Direct Admin and so far no luck figuring out how to manually add a pipe to the maillist.php file.
I askes my host to enable IMAP in PHP and aparently they did. the sysinfo shows: enable-imap-ssl' '--enable-imap'

But still I can't add my imap info into the Mailing List Manager. As is stated in the documentation "IMPORTANT: These Mailbox settings are only available if PHP's IMAP module is enabled. Leave them empty if you intend to pipe messages into the forum (recommended for heave duty processing)."

As far as I can see IMAP is enabled, so why doens't it show up?

Can anyone help me?
Regards, Eljee

Re: No IMAP option in maillist manager [message #166346 is a reply to message #166345] Tue, 22 November 2011 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Try this PHP script:

<?php
    if (function_exists('imap_open')) {
        echo "YES, it's enabled.";
    } else {
        echo "No, not enabled!!!"; 
    }
?>

Re: No IMAP option in maillist manager [message #166347 is a reply to message #166346] Tue, 22 November 2011 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eljee is currently offline  Eljee   Netherlands
thx! I just did, strange.. I got "No, not enabled!!!"

But my php info gives back it's enabled:
'./configure' '--with-apxs2' '--with-curl=/usr/local/lib' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-ttf' '--with-gettext' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-kerberos' '--with-openssl' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-mysqli=/usr/local/bin/mysql_config' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr/local' '--with-pdo-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-pear' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--enable-zip' '--with-iconv=/usr/local' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-exif' '--enable-soap' '--enable-imap-ssl' '--enable-imap'

any idea's?
Re: No IMAP option in maillist manager [message #166348 is a reply to message #166347] Tue, 22 November 2011 15:42 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The user comments at http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.imap.php may help.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Installation problem
Next Topic: I am afraid i have a problem
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:25:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02546 seconds