FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » User Manager Sorting
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
User Manager Sorting [message #166352] Thu, 24 November 2011 10:42 Go to next message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   
Hello everyone,

Today I wanted to go and take a look at who was recently logging into my forums lately. I've never done that before but I figured there should be a way. So I went to the admin pages and then to the User Manager. I did a blank search and the start of the list of users came up. So far so good. Like most places, if you click on the column header I expected it to resort the data on that column. So I click on "last online" column and it does resort. But it only resorts the data displayed on the page, not the entire list of users.

This seems like a bug to me. Resorting should resort the entire data set, not just the part of the set that is currently displayed. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Cheers,

James.
Re: User Manager Sorting [message #166353 is a reply to message #166352] Thu, 24 November 2011 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
It's a feature, not a bug.

Fire the programmer and get someone more capable to do the job.
Re: User Manager Sorting [message #166354 is a reply to message #166353] Thu, 24 November 2011 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Frank, I wasn't trying to offend you. I hope you didn't take that way. Just pointing out something that doesn't seem right. It could just as easily be me not knowing what I'm doing.

James.
Re: User Manager Sorting [message #166360 is a reply to message #166354] Fri, 25 November 2011 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Workaround is to go to the ACP -> SQL Manager:
SELECT login, FROM_UNIXTIME(last_visit) FROM fud_users ORDER BY last_visit DESC LIMIT 10;

You are also welcome to write (or sponsor) a patch to add/improve existing functionality.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: User Manager Sorting [message #166364 is a reply to message #166360] Fri, 25 November 2011 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That works pretty well Frank. I'm not sure it's a pressing issue. But if someone is in there then this update would be nice.

As for the SQL command, would there be a way to distinguish between an actual visit and the last message imported for them using the nntp import? I'm looking for actual visits. Or maybe another way to get what I'm looking for is the message that was entered through fudforum (and not imported from nntp).

Cheers,

James.
Re: User Manager Sorting [message #166366 is a reply to message #166364] Fri, 25 November 2011 16:31 Go to previous message
A quick followup after a bit more digging on my side. I used this

SELECT login, FROM_UNIXTIME(last_login) FROM fud_users ORDER BY last_login DESC LIMIT 100;

and it seems to work OK. It lists users based on last login. A user that is created because of message imported using NNTP has a login date in 1969 so it works pretty well I think.

Also, for newbies the prefix of "fud_users" above may be "fudyyy_users" where yyy is a number. You can tell by clicking on the "insert table name" drop down box in SQL manager and you'll quickly see the prefix on every table. Took me a minute to remember that.

Cheers,

James.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Static Page Manager (answered)
Next Topic: SQL Error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 08 19:57:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02614 seconds