FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Any ideas on how to create a "FASTER FUD"? (Performance Improvement)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Any ideas on how to create a "FASTER FUD"? [message #166648] Sat, 04 February 2012 17:48 Go to next message
bbnewbie is currently offline  bbnewbie   
FUD is excellent, it also has many features that I don't need right now. Are there some feature that I could strip out of the thread.php, threadt.php, msg.php and tree.php files to make Fud run even faster. For my forum, which has a lot of back and forth traffic, faster and leaner are better.

Thanks! Really appreciate the help around here.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 February 2012 17:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Any ideas on how to create a "FASTER FUD"? [message #166707 is a reply to message #166648] Wed, 15 February 2012 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
This is an unusual request as FUDforum is already super fast! It will runs circles around most of the popular forums found on every second site. The best you could do is to optimize/reduce the HTML by editing the template files. Besides that, you will probably not get any significant improvement in performance.
Re: Any ideas on how to create a "FASTER FUD"? [message #166709 is a reply to message #166707] Wed, 15 February 2012 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbnewbie is currently offline  bbnewbie   
I love the fud and the speed of the fud. Just making sure!
Odp: Re: Any ideas on how to create a "FASTER FUD"? [message #166770 is a reply to message #166709] Tue, 21 February 2012 07:38 Go to previous message
wido is currently offline  wido   
this is true, FUD is great. better than SMF.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Props to Frank
Next Topic: How can you get the links in tree view to link directly to those
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:03:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02947 seconds