FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Message by pips is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by pips]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to next message
Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166730 is a reply to message #166729] Fri, 17 February 2012 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Navigate to your forum's File Manager ACP. It will open in the Forum's WWW Root directory. Upload the files (upgrade.php & fudforum_archive).

Now, navigate to the ACP home screen by clicking on the FUDforum logo, note it will prompt you to run or delete the upgrade script. Click on the run link and follow the instructions.
Message by pips is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by pips]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Message by pips is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by pips]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166735 is a reply to message #166733] Fri, 17 February 2012 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
The WWW Root directory cannot end in '/adm'!!!

I assume you've manually edited your GLOBALS.php file(s). If so, restore them for a recent backup.
Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166736 is a reply to message #166735] Fri, 17 February 2012 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Mail me an admin userid/password if you want me to have a look.
Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166739 is a reply to message #166738] Fri, 17 February 2012 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
OK, I see when you go to http://???/fudforum/upgrade.php, you get:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at ???

This is not a FUDforum error, but a web server error. Check your web server's log file for details.
This may help: http://support.lunarpages.com/knowledge_bases/article/324
Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166743 is a reply to message #166742] Fri, 17 February 2012 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Well, it's the same problem, isn't it?
What did you do to get the upgrade script to run?
Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166745 is a reply to message #166744] Fri, 17 February 2012 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
The upgrade script replaced some files, you may need to fix their permissions as well.
Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166753 is a reply to message #166752] Fri, 17 February 2012 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
add to buddy list
pips wrote on Fri, 17 February 2012 07:18
If anyone can help with this issue, i'd be much appreciative Sad

I see its back up and running now!, so is it fixed?

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166756 is a reply to message #166755] Fri, 17 February 2012 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
pips wrote on Fri, 17 February 2012 08:33
Ok,

Updated some of the permissions in the ftp site (/adm) and was able to get into the admin panel.

I ran a constancy check which came back all ok but now the forum wont load up at all Confused

This is maddening Laughing
Well apparently we are out of sync because I'm there now!

Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166758 is a reply to message #166757] Fri, 17 February 2012 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Well was that all! Laughing

I think I understand, (You used whatever FTP program or function you use to chmod the upgrade file so it could run... worked through some errors and.... now you are back at square 1).

Which is that your globals aren't updating?

Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166760 is a reply to message #166759] Fri, 17 February 2012 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
pips wrote on Fri, 17 February 2012 17:44
Exactly the same problem.

The GSM is only updating the /adm/Globals.PHP file
And not the Www root/Globals file.

So the ACP is still broken Mad Laughing

Is a path broken here I wonder?

Here?

Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166762 is a reply to message #166761] Fri, 17 February 2012 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Yours is installed in a subdirectory 'forum" while I install mine directly to the domain, so you might have an extra section to your data root
WWW Root:
This is the URL of your forum.: http://domain.name/

WWW Root (disk path):
The directory where the forum's web browseable files are stored (*.php, images, etc.). : /home/user/domain.name/

(This is where your /adm and Index.php is, it is also where your second globals is)

Data Root:
The directory where the forum's data files are stored (cache, backups, and other data).
/home/user/forum/

(this is where cache, errors, sql etc are)

Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166764 is a reply to message #166763] Sat, 18 February 2012 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
I don't think so but don't quote me on that I'm just not that technically proficient!
(I believe the /adm globals are just for when using the admin panel)

I've encountered this problem before but I don't remember how I got there or how I fixed it.....

All I'm trying to do now is nail down the location of your globals in relation to your host specific directory structure and installation, after we've done that we can take the next step and start recreating your forum from scratch and make the updates changes you wanted without damaging your forum!

Next check Mailing List, Newsgroup , XML Aggregation etc for any setting that may be there or that you will need/want to include.

Ensure that you have privileges to create a new subdirectory and database on the host, if not we will work around that.

Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166777 is a reply to message #166776] Wed, 22 February 2012 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
If you installed to a subdomain it should be/show just how your globals path was originally installed wouldn't it? I know it's the biggest hammer approach but it's the only sure way I know without mussing up your forum.

Sure it's a pain and the second install has to be deleted. But it's a small price to pay for the information needed; off hand I'm still guessing this is a host issue.

Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166779 is a reply to message #166778] Wed, 22 February 2012 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
No! But it will allow you to work without disturbing the others.

Personally I always worry about making a mistake I can't recover from, and with my skill level this is the best way I've found to deal with it until I learn better....

At any rate everything I see so far tells me your problem exists with how you are installed on the host system, so perhaps creating a sub-domain and a temp install might clarify it in your mind what the problem is.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that your host uses a standard c-panel and you are somehow mis-configured on it. I really wish I knew how to tell you to switch it off or correct it but I can't.

Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166781 is a reply to message #166780] Wed, 22 February 2012 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Clarify? That's a really big question pips, really it is! I've used at least 6 different hosts and everyone has done things somewhat differently!

If you were installed direct to a domain with a standard c-panel I would expect to see a set up like this:
WWW Root: http://Domain.name/
WWW Root (disk path): /home/User/public_html/  NOTE#(public_html = Domain.name in some other hosts )
Data Root: /home/User/FUDforum/

As long as it goes by the hints in the acp it shouldn't be a problem.

Since you are set on a sub-directory of /forum that needs to be added, one thing that may be a problem is the symlink for the global.

I've never had much luck dealing with them, so I hope you understand them.

Your host help should have some info.

Message by pips is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by pips]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
Pages (2): [1  2    »]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Select HTML or FUDcode/BBcode?
Next Topic: Any demo server available with admin access?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Apr 22 06:55:47 EDT 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01848 seconds