FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166783 is a reply to message #166782] Wed, 22 February 2012 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Kinda looks like a backdoor symlynk to your root (disk path).

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Message by pips is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by pips]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
icon4.gif  Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166787 is a reply to message #166785] Thu, 23 February 2012 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Understood! We wouldn't want you to get over your head either.

One of the marvelous things I've found in the last few years is that forums come in a vast array of different configurations, and people seem to use them in as many different ways as they can imagine. Makes it all that much more interesting!

Message by pips is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by pips]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166815 is a reply to message #166813] Wed, 29 February 2012 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Not knowing the version, or other info I wouldn't touch it other than to delete it unless you were just curious..... I would start off with a fresh copy of my current version instead of an unknown!

(Have you already looked through all your other globals paths already? As per
http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=120334&goto=166791& ;#msg_166791

Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166846 is a reply to message #166845] Wed, 07 March 2012 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Please run the consistency checker. It should (with later versions) check and repair the links automatically.

$ ls -l GLOBALS.php                                  
lrwxrwxrwx 1 web web 63 Mar  3 21:09 GLOBALS.php -> /home/web/htdocs/forum/include/GLOBALS.php

Re: Unable to Upgrade due to broken broken admin panel [message #166862 is a reply to message #166847] Sat, 10 March 2012 09:17 Go to previous message
add to buddy list
Sorry I've not been around Pips.... The Dragons of life they've been having me surrounded but they ain't had a Witcher lunch yet!

Any how here is a copy of the globals from my oldest.

I don't use a /forum sub directory so this resides directly in the root (That means your paths should be different, and I've obfuscated some of the numbers).
Toggle Spoiler

Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
Pages (2): [ «    1  2]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Select HTML or FUDcode/BBcode?
Next Topic: Any demo server available with admin access?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Apr 22 07:41:18 EDT 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01022 seconds