FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Cant find PHP file
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Cant find PHP file [message #166857] Sat, 10 March 2012 11:29 Go to next message
dandare is currently offline  dandare
Can anyone tell me where to find the following file please? I am unable to locate it on the server files anywhere? I wish to increase the file size of allowed uploads for mebers to post their photos. (am I in the right direction with this?)
I also want to allow HTML on but cant find it in global settings?
Thanks guys
PHP has it's own limitation on the size of the file uploads, via the 'upload_max_filesize' php.ini setting. If the php.ini value is smaller, then the value set in the forum, then the php.ini will be used to limit the file uploads.

Re: Cant find PHP file [message #166860 is a reply to message #166857] Sat, 10 March 2012 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
ACP -> Forum Manager -> Max Attachment Size

You can also change the "Tag Style" to HTML, however, it is generally not advisable.
Re: Cant find PHP file [message #166863 is a reply to message #166857] Sat, 10 March 2012 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Depending on your host you may be able to change your own php.ini file to raise or lower the limit (some hosts use a single php.ini) for all.

It may be as simple as asking tech support.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Cant find PHP file [message #166866 is a reply to message #166863] Mon, 12 March 2012 12:12 Go to previous message
dandare is currently offline  dandare
Hi and thanks for your advice. However I'm still confused about this? I have installed on the same server space several sites that use PHP. (And many more over the last years on the same space) I have never before encountered any problem with image file size and am able to upload any amount or size of images except for this forum software. So it can't be a local host problem. I suspect the file I need to change is in the forum files somewhere and I simply need to know which file it is and where it's located?

I'm struggling here because although I like the FUD software I have never used it previously. If for example I now uploaded BB forum software I can upload images quite easily? I'm sure many more users would have encountered similar problems and any help would be more than appreciated
Thanks-Danny
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: how to change html meta markup title of subjects for better search engine optimisation
Next Topic: Can't edit thread.tmpl file -> Please fix theme: Duplicate section
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 12 09:51:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.18635 seconds