FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Installation error 2013 (Yes, I am a newb)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Installation error 2013 [message #166931] Sun, 01 April 2012 05:32 Go to next message
Tikatu is currently offline  Tikatu   United States
A friend of mine and I are trying to import a FUD database from her webhost to my webhost. This involves my installing FUD in the first place so she can back up the forum on her end (or whatever you might call it) and I can unload it on mine. (We really do not want to go through copying all the stinking messages one by one - BTDT to the nth.)

So, I open the install file and get it to maybe the third screen. Under the "Host (The IP address (or unix domain socket) of the database server.)" blank, I have the 127.0.0.1 that is default. Every time I try to finish the installation, I get this error message:

2013: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 @ Initiating MasterDB mysql_connect

I have a MySQL database all ready for it and it's running at least 5.1.5.

So, what's going on here and how can I finish up the install so I can set up the admin and all that jazz. Please be patient with me and go through things very slowly as I am an almost total newb at this stuff. (My friend is five hours ahead of me so I can't always catch her online.)

Thanks so much! Smile
Re: Installation error 2013 [message #166948 is a reply to message #166931] Fri, 06 April 2012 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tikatu is currently offline  Tikatu   United States
Just to let you know, I did figure this one out. You can mark this as "resolved".

[Updated on: Fri, 06 April 2012 17:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Installation error 2013 [message #166971 is a reply to message #166948] Tue, 10 April 2012 13:11 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks!

BTW, this is a typical MySQL problem on busy/overloaded servers. Unfortunately nothing we can do about it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Login to Control Panel has no effect.
Next Topic: upgrade to 3.0.3 from 3.0.1 error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 02 13:46:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03290 seconds