FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » I have a problem logging in to my new forum. (The login doesn't work and my captcha "image" has dissapeared)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
I have a problem logging in to my new forum. [message #167047] Wed, 18 April 2012 07:45 Go to next message
Kelly is currently offline  Kelly   United States
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me. I am not an expert. I have been running Fudforum version 2.3.8 for about 8-9 years and it is having problems so I decided to get the newest version of the Fudforum program. Installation went fine I have my site all formatted and looking great www.ectopicpregnanyfoundation.org. Right after I installed it my husband registered and I made him admin so we would be covered. The forum worked perfectly earlier today and I was even able to post. I went back later and when I try to login I put in my username and password and it takes me back to the forum home page NOT logged in. My husband can't login either. Now I can't take new registrations either because my "captcha image" has disapeared. I obviously can not get into the admin control pane either because I can't login. I would appreciate any help that anyone can provide me with. FYI this is my third installation and the exact same thing happened everytime.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me. I'm afraid my 2.3.8 version won't last much longer. We are having a bit of a login problem their as well.

Kelly
Re: I have a problem logging in to my new forum. [message #167048 is a reply to message #167047] Wed, 18 April 2012 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
It's difficult to help if you don't have access to the site. Anyway, you should still be able to log in to the ACP via http://FORUM.URL/forum/adm/admloginuser.php

The recommended path from 2.3.8 to the latest release is to first upgrade to 3.0.0 and then to 3.0.3. Remember to backup your forum before initiating the upgrade script.
Re: I have a problem logging in to my new forum. [message #167049 is a reply to message #167048] Wed, 18 April 2012 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello naudefj, thank you for your quick response. I tried to login through admin and it just takes me back to the login page not logged in. I don't know what the heck to do...

I can update my old forums?? with the 3.0.0 I would love to do that. Sadly that forum is in bad shape and I don't know if the poor old think will take it. But also if you can think of anything to help me on my "new" forums let me know. I just did a full site backup and sql backups so I'm good to go on that.

Kelly
Re: I have a problem logging in to my new forum. [message #167050 is a reply to message #167049] Wed, 18 April 2012 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I received the following error while trying to upgrade to the latest version. The 3.0.0 seemed to go OK.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare fud_use() (previously declared in /home/ectopicp/public_html/forums/upgrade.php:100) in /home/ectopicp/public_html/forums/include/core.inc on line 70

Kelly

[Updated on: Wed, 18 April 2012 08:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I have a problem logging in to my new forum. [message #167051 is a reply to message #167050] Wed, 18 April 2012 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you please describe in detail what you've done. I assume the upgrade to 3.0.0 was successful. But you get the mentioned error when you run the 3.0.3 upgrade script?
Re: I have a problem logging in to my new forum. [message #167060 is a reply to message #167051] Thu, 19 April 2012 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ran the 3.0.0 upgrade and it didn't give me any prompts but it opened a new "window" maybe like a pop up window and filled it up with words, etc that I didn't understand and then said it was "done". I'm not sure if that is what it was supposed to do but it looked "right". Then I tried upgrading to the 3.0.3 upgrade and that is when I received the error. If you have time you can check out the error at http://www.ectopicpregnancyfoundation.org/forums/upgrade.php. If you can go and check out the error, don't worry it doesn't mess up the current forums and I have my full backups anyway just in case... I'm thinking maybe my old version is just too corupted or something to take the upgrade?? I definately do want the upgrade because I want to keep all of my users and posts. When I looked at the /include/core.inc after the 3.0.0 it still stated it was version 2.3.8. So maybe the 3.0.0 didn't take? I have even tried to re-install 2.3.8 a while back hoping I could just get my forums functional again but it won't install at all. Any help you can provide me is much appreciated!!

Thank you,
Kelly
Re: I have a problem logging in to my new forum. [message #167061 is a reply to message #167060] Thu, 19 April 2012 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Your forum in currently on 2.3.8. So, I assume the first upgrade didn't work.

Can you mail me access details to ssh or telnet into the server?
Re: I have a problem logging in to my new forum. [message #167063 is a reply to message #167061] Thu, 19 April 2012 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can but I don't know your email address. I went to your profile and I didn't see an email link for you.

Kelly
Re: I have a problem logging in to my new forum. [message #167065 is a reply to message #167063] Thu, 19 April 2012 19:38 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
I will drop you a mail.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Profile SPAM & profile fields
Next Topic: Custom Themes not working on 3.0.1?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:08:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02712 seconds