FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » "Walled garden"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
"Walled garden" [message #159395] Fri, 29 May 2009 22:04 Go to next message
mountainfreak is currently offline  mountainfreak
Was wondering how to prevent all unlogged in users from even viewing topics or posts. You know Facebook style or another way I've heard it refered to is "walled garden." So that it is necessary for them to log in to see anything. Ideally I'd like them to only see "register" and "login".

[Updated on: Fri, 29 May 2009 22:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "Walled garden" [message #159396 is a reply to message #159395] Fri, 29 May 2009 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mountainfreak is currently offline  mountainfreak
Never mind I just couldn't get to the userland-group manager because I had the forum disabled...which if I'm not mistaken might be a bug since it logs you out when you try to go there.
Re: "Walled garden" [message #161004 is a reply to message #159395] Tue, 10 November 2009 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alexhills8 is currently offline  alexhills8
I am thinking about some settings on the forum website. Maybe there is a settings that prevents a guest viewer to view some part of the forum. just on some other forum software....

Smile
icon6.gif  Re: "Walled garden" [message #161005 is a reply to message #161004] Tue, 10 November 2009 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
To prevent all un-logged in users from even viewing topics or posts, simply open the Groups manager and turn off the view and read setting for anonymous users for every forum you wish to conceal. (Personally I would turn off all the permissions for them) then they will have to log in to view them.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"

[Updated on: Tue, 10 November 2009 09:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "Walled garden" [message #167483 is a reply to message #161005] Sat, 30 June 2012 10:29 Go to previous message
KatieAnderson is currently offline  KatieAnderson   United States
As per my knowledge goes only site admin can do this by changing the front page settings. If you wish that setting you can ask the admin to do that.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Configuring FUDForum to use Exim MTA
Next Topic: NNTP import order from usenet
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 27 17:40:55 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03094 seconds