FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Fixing custom templates after upgrade (Issue with Kharma upgrade 3.03 to 3.04RC4)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Fixing custom templates after upgrade [message #167507] Wed, 04 July 2012 21:36 Go to next message
ShineOn is currently offline  ShineOn   United States
I have some customized themes, using path info, along with some other tweaks (icons, CSS gradient, etc.)

Upgrading from FUDforum 3.03 to FUDforum 3.04RC4, I encountered these errors:

Please manually update custom theme SnSSlateBlue.
Unable to compile theme SnSSlateBlue. Please fix it manually: Undefined template: "karma_show" inside "message_entry" in file drawmsg.tmpl
Please manually update custom theme SnSTwilightGrey.
Unable to compile theme SnSTwilightGrey. Please fix it manually: Undefined template: "karma_show" inside "message_entry" in file drawmsg.tmpl
Please manually update custom theme SnSUserInfoLeft.
Unable to compile theme SnSUserInfoLeft. Please fix it manually: Undefined template: "karma_change" inside "dmsg_message_toolbar" in file drawmsg.tmpl
Please manually update custom theme SnSUserInfoRight.
Unable to compile theme SnSUserInfoRight. Please fix it manually: Undefined template: "karma_change" inside "dmsg_message_toolbar" in file drawmsg.tmpl
Please manually update custom theme SnSForestGreen.
Unable to compile theme SnSForestGreen. Please fix it manually: Undefined template: "karma_show" inside "message_entry" in file drawmsg.tmpl

It appears the easy fix is to copy the three kharma template files and the drawmsg.tmpl file from default set to the custom template sets. I haven't determined if that breaks anything else. If anyone knows whether that is "the" fix, or if I have to re-create my custom template sets from scratch, please let me know.

<edit> That doesn't seem to be the fix, because apparently path_info has its own drawmsg.tmpl file (which is waaaay smaller than the one in default) - now when viewing messages, the "friendly urls" don't show. They just show when in the forum list.

Gaah.

Is the drawmsg.tmpl in the upgraded path_info template set updated for kharma?

[Updated on: Wed, 04 July 2012 22:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fixing custom templates after upgrade [message #167516 is a reply to message #167507] Thu, 05 July 2012 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The easy fix is to open drawmsg.tmpl and add this line:
{REF: karma_show.tmpl}

After that, recompile your themes.
Re: Fixing custom templates after upgrade [message #167532 is a reply to message #167516] Sat, 07 July 2012 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShineOn is currently offline  ShineOn   United States
That took care of it. Thanks!

[Updated on: Sat, 07 July 2012 04:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fixing custom templates after upgrade [message #167535 is a reply to message #167532] Sun, 08 July 2012 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AutoHost is currently offline  AutoHost   United States
I have a similar problem, trying to rebuild my custom theme I get this error:
Please fix theme: Undefined template: "thread_rating" inside "ratethread.php.t".

I created that theme under v2.3.5, then upgraded forum to 2.7.3, then 3.0.0, then 3.0.3.

Ron Miller
Stars! AutoHost
Re: Fixing custom templates after upgrade [message #167539 is a reply to message #167535] Sun, 08 July 2012 17:09 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Edit "ratethread.php.t", and add "{REF: topic_rating.tmpl}" and recompile your theme.
Open the file in the default theme to see how it's done.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Maillist post import causing email bounce messages
Next Topic: recent bots joining
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 12 18:29:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02236 seconds