FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » What is karma feature supposed to do anyway (We see the plus 1, minus 1 on each post, but don't see that it does anything...)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
What is karma feature supposed to do anyway [message #167559] Sat, 14 July 2012 01:03 Go to next message
ShineOn is currently offline  ShineOn   United States
OK, so I upgraded from FUD 3.0.3 to 3.0.4RC3 and turned on karma.

The green +1 and red -1 are there on the posts. You can click on one or the other and it disappears. Fine & dandy.

What does it do, from there? Is it supposed to show in a member's profile or something? Is it supposed to tie into the rank system? Is there something missing from my implementation of FUD?

[Updated on: Sat, 14 July 2012 01:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What is karma feature supposed to do anyway [message #167561 is a reply to message #167559] Sat, 14 July 2012 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
You can see it next to your avatar in posts.

Patches to extend it further would be greatly appreciated.
Re: What is karma feature supposed to do anyway [message #167591 is a reply to message #167561] Thu, 19 July 2012 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pips is currently offline  pips   Ireland
Karma works surprisingly well Surprised

Some nice patches would be good.

Any idea how i get a SQL command to reset everyones?

Re: What is karma feature supposed to do anyway [message #167593 is a reply to message #167561] Sat, 21 July 2012 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank, what template has the karma code to display the karma value? I'm not seeing it in my customized theme and may have an old template in the theme that needs updating...
Re: What is karma feature supposed to do anyway [message #167594 is a reply to message #167593] Sat, 21 July 2012 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
See "Updating custom themes" at FUDforum 3.0.4.
Re: What is karma feature supposed to do anyway [message #167598 is a reply to message #167594] Sun, 22 July 2012 16:22 Go to previous message
Yeah, well I did add the ref to the drawmsg.tmpl file. After doing that, the "rate this author" showed up, but there is no karma rating showing up in the user info area.

I am using user_info_left as the base theme, with path_info incorporated into it.

As a test, I changed my theme to default, and I see the karma rating in the user info area, so there's got to be more to it than adding the one ref to drawmsg.tmpl... or does it only work with the default, top-oriented user info themes?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: disable "invisible mode"
Next Topic: present discussions with an icon or picture, in the list
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 09 06:25:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02083 seconds