FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Error with Googlebot / Invalid links
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Error with Googlebot / Invalid links [message #167705] Mon, 03 September 2012 09:55 Go to next message
WhiteTiger is currently offline  WhiteTiger   
Hi,
I asked about this to Nexus, privatly, but I know that he is bery busy at this moment.
So I post here my problem.

Since the first day I've always a lot of errors with googlebot.
In log I see (in Italian):
[Error] Dato non valido
[Message Sent to User] Hai seguito un link non attivo.

In English I presume to be:
[Error] Not valid data
[Message Sent to User] You have followed an invalid link.
(I'm sorry but I did not find the php code with messages in English)

Now the forum was heavily penalized from Google with its last spider engine and so I urgent need to resolve the issue, but I have not yet understood what might be the cause.

Thanks in advance.
The website is Common Italia and this is the link to the Forum

[Updated on: Mon, 03 September 2012 09:58]

Report message to a moderator

Invalid links [message #167733 is a reply to message #167705] Sun, 09 September 2012 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NeXuS is currently offline  NeXuS
Contributing Core Developer
Seems like FUDf generates invalid links , a problem which was also reported above by WhiteTiger.

My own forum is full of error messages by web-spiders. Most of them are like the following:

[Error] Invalid Input
[Message Sent to User] You have followed an invalid link. Please notify the webmaster how you got here.
[User IP] 66.249.71.214
[Requested URL] http://www.goodgameslive.com/fud/index.php?t=showposts&id=111&
[Spider] Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/b

[Error] ERROR: No such user
[Message Sent to User] There is no such user
[User IP] 66.249.66.228
[Requested URL] http://www.goodgameslive.com/fud/index.php?t=usrinfo&id=2377&
[Referring Page] unknown

Now, while the error by the Baidu spider seems to be cause by simple brute force (I have logs with all the numbers in sequence), the one by Googlebot is quite the mistery.

The forum exists, it is publicly accessible and it has messages in it, so how did the Googlebot get to that invalid link? I couldn't find a solution as of yet.
Re: Invalid links [message #167736 is a reply to message #167733] Mon, 10 September 2012 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I don't think FUDforum will generate invalid links.
However, links may become invalid over time, for example, when a user or topic is removed.
Re: Invalid links [message #167737 is a reply to message #167736] Mon, 10 September 2012 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, the point here is that the topic is perfectly valid, hence my perplexity.
Re: Invalid links [message #167738 is a reply to message #167737] Mon, 10 September 2012 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
OK, please post an example of such an invalid link as well as the correct working link for comparison.
Re: Invalid links [message #167774 is a reply to message #167738] Wed, 19 September 2012 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right now I cannot find the topic error anymore because it has been replaced by a crapload of other errors (we are talking of almost 8k errors). One is the following

[Error] Invalid Input
[Message Sent to User] You have followed an invalid link. Please notify the webmaster how you got here.
[User IP] xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[Requested URL] http://www.goodgameslive.com/fud/index.php?t=showposts&id=35&
[Spider] Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)

Checking the DB effectively the message is not there (no id = 35 available). The question is now: how the hell did Googlebot (and the others) get there if the message is no more?

Edit: I have quickly checked other errors, both on messages and threads, and until now they all point to non existing data. I am pretty sure that when I answered last time the thread was existing and publicly accessible, though.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 September 2012 15:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Invalid links [message #167775 is a reply to message #167774] Wed, 19 September 2012 18:25 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Some possible scenario's:
* Googlebot previously visited these messages and are now revisiting them to see if they are still in the system.
* Googlebot is opportunistically trying different id's in an attempt to discover more messages.
* Maybe it's not even Googlebot, but a different bot masquerading as Googlebot.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Tree View- threads not showing as read
Next Topic: Cross-site scripting attacks
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:07:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03049 seconds