FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » CKEditor conflicts with default formatting tools
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
CKEditor conflicts with default formatting tools [message #167868] Sat, 27 October 2012 16:40 Go to next message
LeCoyote is currently offline  LeCoyote   France
Hi,

We've decided to enable the CKEditor plugin in our 3.0.4 forum.

The plugin works OK, but the standard formatting tool does not work anymore: it edits a hidden textarea that is overridden by CKEditor anyway.

Is this supposed to happen? Shouldn't CKEditor entirely disable the default tools? If not, shouldn't there be some sort of backwards compatibility with the default formatting tools?

Cheers
--
Romain
Re: CKEditor conflicts with default formatting tools [message #167997 is a reply to message #167868] Sun, 09 December 2012 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LeCoyote is currently offline  LeCoyote   France
Hi,

Any news on this? Is it a genuine bugor is there a setting I missed to make it work properly?

Cheers
--
Romain
Re: CKEditor conflicts with default formatting tools [message #167998 is a reply to message #167997] Sun, 09 December 2012 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheDude is currently offline  TheDude
Think it's a bug. Unable to make it work either

Re: CKEditor conflicts with default formatting tools [message #168000 is a reply to message #167998] Sun, 09 December 2012 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
It's an incomplete implementation. The CKEditor plugin works 100%, but doesn't disable the default editing bar. You will have to do it manually. We will probably fix it in a future release, but it's not on my list of priorities.
Re: CKEditor conflicts with default formatting tools [message #168001 is a reply to message #168000] Sun, 09 December 2012 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheDude is currently offline  TheDude
naudefj wrote on Sun, 09 December 2012 19:27
We will probably fix it in a future release.

Nice !

Re : Re: CKEditor conflicts with default formatting tools [message #168017 is a reply to message #168000] Thu, 13 December 2012 18:12 Go to previous message
LeCoyote is currently offline  LeCoyote   
Ok, I'll try to come up with something. It will have to be in JS so that the default editing stuff is only disabled if CKEditor is enabled (I'm thinking of visitors who disabled JS here). I'll try and report back here if/when I have news on this front.

Cheers
--
Romain
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Lost many messages and photos ! help, please...
Next Topic: INSERTions into ses table for unknown users
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:01:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04592 seconds