FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Release FUDforum 4.x?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Release FUDforum 4.x? [message #168050] Wed, 02 January 2013 22:05 Go to next message
JoeydeMoe is currently offline  JoeydeMoe   Austria
I'm thinking about using FUDforum (or alternatively SimpleMachinesForum 2)for my upcoming PHP-Project. I would probably need to use the API (FUDAPI) excessively. So i'm kinda worried, that the current Version (3.0.4) is apparently the last release and that FUDforum 4.x could required lots of reworking.

Does it make sense to delay the project and wait for FUDforum 4.x? When will the relese approximately be and will the FUDAPI change alot?

Thx in advance for your help!

Yours

Joey
Re: Release FUDforum 4.x? [message #168052 is a reply to message #168050] Thu, 03 January 2013 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NeXuS is currently offline  NeXuS   Korea, Republic of
Contributing Core Developer
Hello, the API already allows to do almost everything you need but it admittedly requires a little cleanup.

FUDf 4.x will not be released anytime soon, since we are completely reworking the internal structure to be more object oriented and maintainable, but the API will be the same as much as possible, so not to break existing user implementations.
Re: Release FUDforum 4.x? [message #168055 is a reply to message #168050] Thu, 03 January 2013 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The API will remain (relatively) stable.

FUDforum 4 is delayed (as far as I'm concerned) and we will probably do a minor 3.0.4.2 release within the next month or two to get the new translations out.

Best regards.
Frank
Re: Release FUDforum 4.x? [message #168057 is a reply to message #168055] Thu, 03 January 2013 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shaman is currently offline  Shaman   Canada

I've run both and unless you need a really good calendar, FUD is definitely the most feature-rich of the two.

Aw: Re: Release FUDforum 4.x? [message #168059 is a reply to message #168057] Thu, 03 January 2013 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JoeydeMoe is currently offline  JoeydeMoe
Thx for your replies. So it's quite unlikely that FUDforum 4 is released within the next few month and even if it comes, it shouldn't be too difficult for me to adapt my implementations? Sounds nice to me Smile

@Shaman - actually the amount of features is quite unimportant for my decision between FUDforum and SMF. The by far most important criterias are
- performance
- interoperability (integration of a chat and my own application)
- security, security, security (as i try to "outsource" the whole login/security/user-management a forum-software, which is constantly updated and therefore "safe")

Regards
Joey

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2013 20:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Aw: Re: Release FUDforum 4.x? [message #168069 is a reply to message #168059] Thu, 10 January 2013 16:35 Go to previous message
Shaman is currently offline  Shaman   Canada

From personal experience, FUD is a lot harder to spam than SMF is. Beyond that, I have never had a FUD breakin but your milage may vary. SMF has had its fair share of security and spamming issues, for sure.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: "Follow" Twitter button ?
Next Topic: Where can admin find member email addresses?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:08:13 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01981 seconds