FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Individual Forum Analytics (Tracking individual results for multiple forums)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Individual Forum Analytics [message #168249] Tue, 19 March 2013 19:45 Go to next message
xdthomas is currently offline  xdthomas   United States
We have an installation of FUDforum where we have many forums running off of a single subdomain (e.g. forums.exampledomainname.com). Currently we are using the google analytics pluging to track the different usage stats, etc. The catch is that we have 50+ forums within the site, many of these with individual sponsors. We would love to be able to track the forum usage individually within google analytics or any type of similar program.

Here's where I am getting stuck - I would normally use the URL string to differentiate the traffic (e.g. index.php?frm_id=2), however when the user clicks on an individual topic/thread, the url string no longer identifies the forum that it is a part of. I've tried using the PATH_INFO url option, but that also does not track the forum when viewing an individual topic.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good way to track the total usage of an individual forums as a whole?
icon7.gif  Re: Individual Forum Analytics [message #168383 is a reply to message #168249] Thu, 25 April 2013 02:57 Go to previous message
rheyankaj is currently offline  rheyankaj

if this forum should be supported installation google analytics so that there is a possibility every individual who participated in this forum can install the analytics. and forums that have done such a thing, I've come across is livejournal.com. Razz

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Import Issues to new Host (v3.0.4)
Next Topic: Why store messages in text files?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 12 09:43:26 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02606 seconds