FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Account approval email subject is broken (Edit adm_acc?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Account approval email subject is broken [message #168312] Mon, 15 April 2013 16:19 Go to next message
pyroxid is currently offline  pyroxid   Germany
Hi,

we have a moderated forum where registration has to be approved by an administrator.

When a user gets approved or deleted, they get sent an email stating either case, which works fine but for the email SUBJECT.
The email subject is empty but one sign: "�"
I believe this to be a BOM.

For the life of me I can not find where to edit it. Our adm_acc just contains this:

$login = $GLOBALS['r']->login;
$GLOBALS['account_accepted'] = '{TEMPLATE: adm_account_accepted}';
$GLOBALS['account_rejected'] = '{TEMPLATE: adm_account_rejected}';

$GLOBALS['account_accepted_s'] = '{TEMPLATE: adm_account_accepted_s}';
$GLOBALS['account_rejected_s'] = '{TEMPLATE: adm_account_rejected_s}';

I can edit the message, but am unable to find the subject. Maybe we are missing a file? Any help on tracking this would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Hendrik

on FUDForum 3.0.4 (updated from 2.7.7->3.0.0->3.0.1)
Re: Account approval email subject is broken [message #168314 is a reply to message #168312] Mon, 15 April 2013 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
The subject is defined in the 'msg' file. For English:

adm_account_accepted_s:Your account request for '{GVAR: FORUM_TITLE}' was accepted.

Aw: Re: Account approval email subject is broken [message #168407 is a reply to message #168314] Fri, 26 April 2013 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, thanks for your answer.
We do have the German version installed, but I still can not find anything in the msg file.
Searching for adm_acc in msg.php yields nothing for me.

Would it be exptected around line 1180 in msg.php?
1182-1189 (added a return in 1183 and 1184 because too long for a single line in the post)

<?php
// All account approvals.
if ($FUD_OPT_2 1024 && ($accounts_pending_approval q_singleval('SELECT count(*) FROM fud26_users WHERE users_opt>=2097152 AND '
q_bitand('users_opt'2097152) .' > 0 AND id > 0'))) {
$accounts_pending_approval '| <a href="adm/admuserapr.php?S='.s.'&amp;SQ='.$GLOBALS['sq']
'">Billigung des sich in der Schwebe befindlichen Kontos</a> <span  class="GenTextRed">('.$accounts_pending_approval.')</span>';
} else {
$accounts_pending_approval '';
}

$q_limit '';
?>

I am a little clueless where to look. Maybe our msg.php is broken?

Thanks again for all help,
Hendrik
Aw: Re: Account approval email subject is broken [message #168432 is a reply to message #168407] Mon, 29 April 2013 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just found out that an email reminder for having deleted a post also comes with the "�" subject. I guess some area for email processing must be broken in our installation. If anybody has ideas where to check, it would be much appreciated.

Can I somehow generate a brand-new msg.php file to go further into the matter?

Hendrik

[Updated on: Mon, 29 April 2013 13:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Aw: Re: Account approval email subject is broken [message #168440 is a reply to message #168432] Tue, 30 April 2013 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Not 'msg.php', the file is called 'msg'. In your case: .../thm/default/i18n/de/msg:

adm_account_accepted_s:Deine Bitte um ein Konto für „{GVAR: FORUM_TITLE}" wurde akzeptiert.

PS: Use the Message Editor to download the latest translation.
Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Account approval email subject is broken [message #168443 is a reply to message #168440] Tue, 30 April 2013 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, my mistake. I checked the msg file in de-formal (which we are using) and adm_account_accepted_s is there, with the appropriate text. I compared it to /en/msg and /de/msg and they "look" the same (of course with different text). Can I somehow backtrack to the point where adm_account_accepted_s is actually used to send the email? Somewhere it gets lost, but I just can't find where.
Aw: Account approval email subject is broken [message #168514 is a reply to message #168312] Mon, 13 May 2013 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anybody have an idea how to debug this? The broken subject looks really bad.
Aw: Account approval email subject is broken [message #168645 is a reply to message #168514] Tue, 18 June 2013 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Frank, I really can't fix the issue myself. Would you be willing to take a look at the forum and find out what's wrong for a fee? If you would, please contact me under the email in my profile.

I could also come to IRC to discuss.

Best regards,
Hendrik

[Updated on: Tue, 18 June 2013 10:15]

Report message to a moderator

Aw: Account approval email subject is broken [message #168728 is a reply to message #168645] Tue, 09 July 2013 03:31 Go to previous message
alopezie is currently offline  alopezie   Germany
For cases like this I have a spare forum - just to check whether this problem is related to my server environment or whether its someting specific to the forum, eg adding a typo somewhere in code.
Setup is done in few minutes.
If 2nd forum works copy files.
If not ... I don´t know - can´t believe that ....

Alopezie.de - das Forum zum Thema Haarausfall
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUD api to search
Next Topic: Patches?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:39:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02590 seconds