FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Option to remove user ranks from Admin account
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Option to remove user ranks from Admin account [message #168530] Wed, 15 May 2013 03:04 Go to next message
smcgee is currently offline  smcgee   United States
I'd like to see a new option that would let an administrator set up admin accounts so that they wouldn't get the user rank tags (Junior member, etc).

The reason for this is that when a forum is first established, postings in a forum by the administrator show that he/she is a Junior member. That just doesn't make sense, and it sort of undermines or diminishes their importance. The only thing that can currently be done, is to alter the ranking numbers, but that has a global effect on all accounts.

What we need is a way to tell the forum, "Ok, I'm the Administrator, don't apply the rankings to my admin account. Just show me as the Administrator, but keep the rankings for all non-admin accounts."

Re: Option to remove user ranks from Admin account [message #168531 is a reply to message #168530] Wed, 15 May 2013 06:36 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Should be easy to code. I'll accept a patch, but are not going to code it myself.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: transaction feedback for users
Next Topic: Multiple choices polls
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:44:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02603 seconds