FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Forum Off and Admin Login Stopped Working (Locked out after botched restore)  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum Off and Admin Login Stopped Working [message #168580] Mon, 27 May 2013 17:53 Go to next message
dmgcdf is currently offline  dmgcdf
We're on Fudforum Ver. 3.0.0RC1, and a corrupted plugin whacked our forum messages.

Luckily (or brilliantly) I had only days earlier created a back up.

So I turn the forum off and initiate the backup procedure.

The back up procedure ran for over two hours and stuck.

And now, my login credentials as admin no longer work. It tells me that "Only administrators with proper access credentials can login via this control panel."

I was going to re-install the forum from the server, but reading here tells me that earlier backups from earlier versions won't work.

So...Now I am really stuck.

How can I get back in as admin and try a new restore?

Thanks.
Re: Forum Off and Admin Login Stopped Working [message #168581 is a reply to message #168580] Mon, 27 May 2013 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
If you can't access the admin control panel you might check the SQL db fud users list and make sure its there.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Forum Off and Admin Login Stopped Working [message #168582 is a reply to message #168581] Mon, 27 May 2013 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
_Users is there, with 52 fields, and they seem to be populated.

Now what?
Re: Forum Off and Admin Login Stopped Working [message #168583 is a reply to message #168582] Mon, 27 May 2013 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Admin login still the same on dump and new install? If so I would repeat the installation and restore. Had the same or similar issue before and that's how I fixed it when /adm/admloginuser.php failed to install/restore properly.

Re: Forum Off and Admin Login Stopped Working [message #168584 is a reply to message #168583] Mon, 27 May 2013 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher wrote on Mon, 27 May 2013 15:43
Admin login still the same on dump and new install? If so I would repeat the installation and restore. Had the same or similar issue before and that's how I fixed it when /adm/admloginuser.php failed to install/restore properly.

I'm not really sure what you mean.

My admin login is still not working.

Sorry, but I am not following you.

By the way - I tried to upgrade to 3.0.0 but got php garbage characters all down the page - the upgrade did not work after two or three tries, and I can not find a copy of Fudforum Ver. 3.0.0RC1 to reinstall and then try a restore of the message board.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 May 2013 20:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Forum Off and Admin Login Stopped Working [message #168585 is a reply to message #168584] Mon, 27 May 2013 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yourdomain/adm/admloginuser.php is the direct link to the admin panel. I'm assuming your admin login (name and password) used to make the dump/backup are the same as used for the new/current install but you still can't log in.

I had the same problem and resolved it by reinstalling from scratch and restoring. One of the earlier RC versions had a glitch where the _users weren't loaded but you say yours are present.I still don't know what happened but believe I changed my own password and didn't log it after the change or failed to make a new backup afterwards.

If you are unsure about it try doing a install on a separate directory/subdomain elsewhere to work on.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Re: Forum Off and Admin Login Stopped Working [message #168586 is a reply to message #168585] Tue, 28 May 2013 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I appreciate your help.

And no, I made a back up and then changed both the admin username and the password.

So the admin username and password I am using now is different than the admin username and password when the back up was taken.

I still have all those usernames and passwords and they don't work either.

So what you are suggesting is that I do a new install of Ver. 3.0.0RC1 to a different directory and try to back up to that new installation. And then go from there.

Right?
Re: Forum Off and Admin Login Stopped Working [message #168594 is a reply to message #168586] Tue, 28 May 2013 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dmgcdf wrote on Mon, 27 May 2013 20:50
I made a back up and then changed both the admin username and the password.

So the admin username and password I am using now is different than the admin username and password when the back up was taken.

And the original admin login/ password used to make the backup won't work? it needs to be the same.

Re: Forum Off and Admin Login Stopped Working [message #168601 is a reply to message #168594] Thu, 30 May 2013 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher wrote on Tue, 28 May 2013 09:56
dmgcdf wrote on Mon, 27 May 2013 20:50
I made a back up and then changed both the admin username and the password.

And the original admin login/ password used to make the backup won't work? it needs to be the same.

Right. It won't work.

No past or present usernames and passwords will work after the botched restore.

The forum is off and I am locked out.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 May 2013 14:56]

Re: Forum Off and Admin Login Stopped Working [message #168603 is a reply to message #168601] Fri, 31 May 2013 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So Witcher - what you are suggesting is that I do a new install of Ver. 3.0.0RC1 to a different directory and try to back up to that new installation. And then go from there.

Right?

If so, do you have any idea where I can get a copy of Ver. 3.0.0RC1?

[Updated on: Fri, 31 May 2013 01:24]

Re: Forum Off and Admin Login Stopped Working [message #168604 is a reply to message #168603] Fri, 31 May 2013 03:21 Go to previous message
That's what I did, but then lacking skills I have to take the biggest hammer approach!

Get your downloads through the Documentation link 1st page, or just http://sourceforge.net/projects/fudforum/files/Old%20releases/FUDforum%203. 0.1/

From what you say it appears to me that you should have received a warning that your current login/password wern't in the backup

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: search not working
Next Topic: "Skip atmp_consist is not a FUDforum table!"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 10:30:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03037 seconds