FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » compiler.inc (?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
compiler.inc (?) [message #16900] Fri, 27 February 2004 19:17 Go to next message
oblomov is currently offline  oblomov   Italy
Hi,

I'm trying to use fudforum libs from outside the fudforum app and trying to understand how the API/system works.

If I have understood well there are many "includes" that are parsed before being used and where some "placeholder" (like {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX} ) are replaced with values like in a template system (and then the replaced file cached)

Actually I don't understand where this happens as it does not in fud_use, nor in any of the .t includes (usually the files to be parsed)

I'm using imsg.inc.t and imsg.edt.inc (with a simple require, not with fud_use) and the placeholder {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}, I found that is replaced in compile_file function of commpiler.inc but couldn't find a single file that actually use this function...

Can someone please enlighten me on the overall functioning of this (for me) strange technique?

Thanks
Re: compiler.inc (?) [message #16902 is a reply to message #16900] Fri, 27 February 2004 20:07 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
compiler.inc is called by scripts inside the adm/ directory as well as the installer & upgrade script.

The file itself takes all .tmpl, .t and translation files and builds the appropriate .php & .inc files.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Fatal error
Next Topic: Merging fro a listserv
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue May 28 05:00:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02421 seconds