FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Undefined template: "dmsg_custom_tags" inside "drawpmsg.inc.t"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Undefined template: "dmsg_custom_tags" inside "drawpmsg.inc.t" [message #17762] Sat, 17 April 2004 18:06 Go to next message
lahoo is currently offline  lahoo   Sweden
In a thourough quest for a versatile and free forum system having system requirements matching those of my web provider I found FUDForum. I downloaded the latest stabile version named 2.6.2 and started the journey.

After some reading and preparations I copied
instal.php to the server and started executing it.

Due to either the setup of surftown.se (including safe mode PHP) or the way the installer is coded I had to manually create all the folders and chmod them. The problem here was that the installer created directories with ownership root:root and rwxr--r-- and then the files could not be copied. Getting past this took some hours of great fun, or rather hard work.

When the installer should copy files into the
www_root/theme/default/... directories it failed. The reason was that the corresponding files in forum_data/thm/default/...
had been created by httpd:httpd with rw------- and hence unreadable to my user account.

Once this was fixed I got the mentioned error message:
Undefined template: "dmsg_custom_tags" inside "drawpmsg.inc.t"
The other error messages gave a clue to what caused them and I managed to get past them. This one, on the other hand, leaves me clueless and frustrated.

What is causing the installation program to throw this error and what can I do to fix it?

Have I spent more than six hours trying to get the installation working in vain?

Please, PLEASE, help me!
Re: Undefined template: "dmsg_custom_tags" inside "drawpmsg.inc.t" [message #17764 is a reply to message #17762] Sat, 17 April 2004 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Before clicking next on the step where you select the language replace compiler.inc inside the include/ directory with the one attached.
  • Attachment: compiler.inc
    (Size: 19.12KB, Downloaded 1086 times)

FUDforum Core Developer
icon14.gif  Re: Undefined template: "dmsg_custom_tags" inside "drawpmsg.inc.t" [message #17765 is a reply to message #17764] Sat, 17 April 2004 22:53 Go to previous message
lahoo is currently offline  lahoo   Sweden
Thank you very much!

After another round of issues regarding wrong permissions and ownership of files I have now came to the point where I've just logged in to the admin client.

Once agan, thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Corrupt Archive v2.6
Next Topic: Failed decompressing the archive
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:03:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02536 seconds