FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » 2.6.2 Maillist sync problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  2.6.2 Maillist sync problem [message #17838] Wed, 21 April 2004 02:04 Go to next message
aeto is currently offline  aeto   United States
I am using 2.6.2 to sync messages to and from a mailing list. When FUD gets a message in from the list, it gets posted to the forums fine, doing everything correctly, as far as I can tell, However, it then sends the message back to the list, even though that's where it got the message from. I have checked that the To: line in the message matches the forum's idea of the correct email, and nothing else seems to indicate a problem.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Thanks!
Re: 2.6.2 Maillist sync problem [message #17840 is a reply to message #17838] Wed, 21 April 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
When the forum sends an e-mail to the list this e-mail goes to the list as if it were posted directly by the person who posted the message on the forum. What this means is that the "From" address has that person's e-mail address, if the sender is not subscribed to the mailing list their messages is likely to be rejected and they should receive a message from the list indicating that they should subscribe. If and when then subscribe the process will begin to work.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.6.2 Maillist sync problem [message #17916 is a reply to message #17840] Sun, 25 April 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's not the problem, though. The problem is that the message is going to the list at all. The messages which come in from the list, using the maillist.php script, are sent back into the list. If I let this happen, every message posted to the list from non-forum users ends up getting duplicated by the forum.

I should also note that I am not creating accounts for all of the mail list users, so most of the posts end up being from the anonymous account.

Thanks!

Mike.
Re: 2.6.2 Maillist sync problem [message #17920 is a reply to message #17916] Sun, 25 April 2004 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
This appears to be due to the original message not containing a special string used by the forum to identify e-mail messages. You can verify this by looking @ the errors/.mlist/error_log file. If my assumption is correct you should see "No Message Id" messages inside it.
As part of the error line there will be a path to a file containing the full message data. Please send me a few of those files.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.6.2 Maillist sync problem [message #17921 is a reply to message #17920] Sun, 25 April 2004 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was it. And, in fact, the messages appear to be missing message-id headers. I think that solves my problem, as I can work on the message-id issue.

Thanks again!

Mike
Re: 2.6.2 Maillist sync problem [message #17922 is a reply to message #17921] Sun, 25 April 2004 15:39 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Could you sent me a few of the files you got in those directories, it is possible that the list uses some standard message-id mangling theme and renames the header to something else.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 2.5.0RC3 - Admin, add user
Next Topic: subscribing to forums/topics
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 27 15:03:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02738 seconds