FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Having problems with IE during initial load, it keeps loading!
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon9.gif  Having problems with IE during initial load, it keeps loading! [message #17866] Fri, 23 April 2004 03:36 Go to next message
elio is currently offline  elio   United States
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here, the forum runs great under any mozilla browser. However when I step into the IE world things start to go wrong. First the forum seems to initially load, and then never seems to finish loading (the progress bar stays stuck in one place). Second, I have been trying to use a flash animation as a logo , once again it loads great under mozilla, but the flash seems to get omitted under IE. Does anyone here have any idea what could be happening?

Here is the code for my HEADER.tmpl

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>{GVAR: FORUM_TITLE}{VAR: TITLE_EXTRA}</title>
{META-CONTENT-LANGUAGE}
<BASE HREF="{FULL_ROOT}">
<script language="javascript" src="lib.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<link rel="StyleSheet" href="{THEME_ROOT}/forum.css" type="text/css" media="screen" title="Default FUDforum Theme">
</head>
<body>

<div align="center"><table width="792" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
  <!--DWLayoutTable-->
<tr> 
<td width="232" height="59" valign="top"><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="232" height="59">

<param name="movie" value="digibluanim.swf">
        <param name="quality" value="high">
        <embed src="../digibluanim.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="232" height="59"></embed></object>
</td>

<td width="560" align="center" valign="middle" bgcolor="#0066FF"><font color="#0099FF" size="2" face="MS Sans Serif, MS Serif, Tahoma, Verdana"><strong><br>
      NONE OF US IS AS SMART AS ALL OF US.</strong></font>
</td>
</table>
</div>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="5"><tr><td class="ForumBackground">

</body>
</html>

[Updated on: Fri, 23 April 2004 04:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Having problems with IE during initial load, it keeps loading! [message #17868 is a reply to message #17866] Fri, 23 April 2004 04:58 Go to previous message
elio is currently offline  elio   United States
Laughing This was really stupid of me not to notice, all I had to do was simplify the way the flash object was being called:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>{GVAR: FORUM_TITLE}{VAR: TITLE_EXTRA}</title>
{META-CONTENT-LANGUAGE}
<BASE HREF="{FULL_ROOT}">
<script language="javascript" src="lib.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<link rel="StyleSheet" href="{THEME_ROOT}/forum.css" type="text/css" media="screen" title="Default FUDforum Theme">
</head>
<body>

<table width="792" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
  <!--DWLayoutTable-->
<tr> 
<td width="232" height="59" valign="top">

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
 WIDTH="232" HEIGHT="59" id="emailform" ALIGN="">
 <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="../digibluanim.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#0066FF> <EMBED src="../digibluanim.swf" quality=high  WIDTH="232" HEIGHT="59" NAME="emailform" ALIGN=""
 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>

</td>

<td width="560" align="center" valign="middle" bgcolor="#0066FF"><font color="#0099FF" size="2" face="MS Sans Serif, MS Serif, Tahoma, Verdana"><strong><br>
      NONE OF US IS AS SMART AS ALL OF US.</strong></font>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="5"><tr><td class="ForumBackground">

Never mind and to those of you who might have already started looking into this, thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Is there a problem with message notification emails in 2.6.2 ?
Next Topic: Posting Problem
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 05 01:20:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02494 seconds