FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Failed decompressing the archive
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Failed decompressing the archive [message #18140] Tue, 11 May 2004 15:37 Go to next message
Andrew_B is currently offline  Andrew_B   United States
Trying to install several time and keep getting this error:

Warning: gzuncompress(): buffer error in /hsphere/local/home/username/sitename.com/f2/install.php on line 494
Failed decompressing the archive

According the FUDforum install panel, PHP is version 4.3.4. Enabled: Register Globals, Magic quotes gpc, MySQL Extension, PostgreSQL Extension, PCRE Extension, Zlib Extension, Tokenizer Extension. Disabled: Pspell Extension, PDF Extension.

According to my host's tech support, safe_mode is disabled. I also asked them about PHP memory and the possibility of increasing it. They said they have it at default 8 megs, and that raising it can be less stable for their servers.

The install folder is set to 777. I also created a FUDForum folder by hand outside of the site path to hold the nonbrowseable files. It is set to 777. Both of these folders contain an empty file called "fudforum_archive" which I created with a text editor and uploaded via FTP. These files are set to 777.

The install file I downloaded says 2-6-2, which I assume is the build. And that's as far as I can get. I'm a total beginner, and have no idea what else to try.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 May 2004 15:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Failed decompressing the archive [message #18141 is a reply to message #18140] Tue, 11 May 2004 15:38 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Sounds like you uploaded the archive in ascii rather then binary mode.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Undefined template: "dmsg_custom_tags" inside "drawpmsg.inc.t"
Next Topic: Upgrade Issues
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 05 10:06:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02818 seconds