FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How do I change the register page contents (the 'register' page is too complex - can it be amended?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon1.gif  How do I change the register page contents [message #183225] Sun, 13 October 2013 04:22 Go to next message
TonyH is currently offline  TonyH
Hi all,

My first ever post concerns getting users into my forum in the first place. I'm still new to FUD and was asking a couple of testers to log in to my shiny new forum and post some content to ensure it works smoothly. They saw the long list of questions/options on the registration page and (even 'though these are mostly optional) declined to go any further.

Is there a way to have a registration page which simply asks for the users' desired User-ID, password and their email address (+/- Captcha, at least people are used to that). Then, perhaps in the welcome email, link or point them to the account settings?

While I, like many here, have bummed arround forums long enough to set what needs setting and leave the rest to later, I'm thinking that the current registration page is going to scare away many of my non-techy users.

Thanks for reading and any insights.
Re: How do I change the register page contents [message #183261 is a reply to message #183225] Wed, 16 October 2013 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TonyH is currently offline  TonyH
In fact, exactly like the 'add user' part of the admin control panel. Hmmm.... I'll keep looking Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 16 October 2013 03:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do I change the register page contents [message #183301 is a reply to message #183261] Sun, 20 October 2013 11:51 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
All you need to do is remove the fields from "register.tmpl" and regenerate your themes.
Even better, add a conditional IF around them, so they are hidden during registration, but not when changing settings.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: forum: no longer in system
Next Topic: Open Forum To One Country Only
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 17 03:17:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02197 seconds