FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » Hello! Is Anyone At Home?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Hello! Is Anyone At Home? [message #184414] Mon, 30 December 2013 22:37 Go to next message
Skhilled is currently offline  Skhilled   United States
Hi, I was testing this software and like it. However, there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity here and a lot of unanswered topics.

Is this site dead/dying?

Thanks,
Skhilled
Re: Hello! Is Anyone At Home? [message #184417 is a reply to message #184414] Mon, 30 December 2013 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpreston is currently offline  cpreston   United States
We're here. It's been a little slow, though. The thing is that this community doesn't have much "community" to it. Wink Meaning people tend to only come here with problems. And I'm not sure how many people are subscribed to the various boards so they know when something is posted.

It's also the holidays.
Re: Hello! Is Anyone At Home? [message #184419 is a reply to message #184417] Tue, 31 December 2013 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, cpreston and thanks for responding.

Being one who has been surfing the net for over 25 years (and administrate quite a few forums and a few hosting servers) I think the problem is the staff or lack of staffing. Unanswered questions is definitely a staffing issue. The unanswered topics/posts are mostly from quite a few months ago. If people come to a site and see the staff is not responding they may not register or those that have registered may not come back nor will they be active. I started to just go away but decided to ask anyways.

The lack of users posting can be partially attributed to the holidays but I'm pretty sure that is also due to staffing issues. When people see that the staff is not responding they go away and do not say nice things to others about the site and the software...not a good thing for any website. The staff leads its users...

Hopefully, this will change in the future and help propel this seemingly good software to greater heights. I am a SMF user and have been for many years but I also test other forum and CMS software..something I've enjoyed doing for 20+ years...Windows, AOL, various games (shareware and commercial) and a lot more. After I run FUDforum through its paces I'll post my findings. Smile
Re: Hello! Is Anyone At Home? [message #184421 is a reply to message #184419] Tue, 31 December 2013 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, I'm still here and have large forums that absolutely depend on FUDforum's survival. I also noticed an increase in translation activity over the festive season. So, things are happening, but it may not be all that visible.

Please feel free to help address those unanswered questions or contribute in any other way Smile

PS: If you want to test FUDforum, install the latest FUDforum 3.0.6RC1 release, the version we are using here on this forum.
Re: Hello! Is Anyone At Home? [message #184465 is a reply to message #184421] Thu, 02 January 2014 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi naudefj.

I certainly don't mind helping but I need a little time to learn its features and quirks, and probably have a few questions of my own. The first is should I make a separate topic for each question/comment or put them all into one...providing they are all reladted?

[Updated on: Thu, 02 January 2014 14:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hello! Is Anyone At Home? [message #184494 is a reply to message #184465] Fri, 03 January 2014 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Aanhaling:
The first is should I make a separate topic for each question/comment or put them all into one

There is no hard and fast rules.
Try both - it's relatively easy to split / merge topics.
Re: Hello! Is Anyone At Home? [message #184555 is a reply to message #184494] Fri, 10 January 2014 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, thanks. Smile
Re: Hello! Is Anyone At Home? [message #184756 is a reply to message #184555] Thu, 30 January 2014 09:42 Go to previous message
pips is currently offline  pips   Ireland
Can i ask a favour?

I appreciate you guys do this for free etc and we (gladly) avail but if we post a bug report, can you at least respond to it?

I'm not asking for you to fix it, but something/anything would be nice, even if its just to say that the bug is/isnt on your forum. That way (us) can have an idea if its our end or yours which is borked.

I (and others) have an issue or two with the latest RC and feedback from you isn't very forthcoming.

Cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Is it possible to Combine a Listserv+FudForum?
Next Topic: This forum was down yesterday?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:58:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03093 seconds