FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » 500 Error and More
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
500 Error and More [message #184557] Fri, 10 January 2014 21:01 Go to next message
Skhilled is currently offline  Skhilled   United States
I had originally installed Fudfourm using Softaculous which seemed to work without a problem. But I realized that it was using v3.0.5. So, I deleted the forum and tried to install 3.0.6RC1. When I try to run install.php I get a 500 error. That usually means something screwed up the file/folder permissions for one or more files and/or folders. Upon inspection, the /fudforum and /fuddata folders were set to 000! I have never seen that before on all of my years dealing with servers!

So,

1. How am I supposed to install this? My folders are to be set to 755 and files to 644. The installation files were set to 644 before installation.

2. Why does Fud use an archived file within an archive for installation? In my experiences, such things cause more problems that do good. Yes, it may save space but would make installation a lot easier if uncompressed.
Re: 500 Error and More [message #184560 is a reply to message #184557] Sat, 11 January 2014 16:39 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Earlier versions messed up the file permissions. However, you shouldn't have any such problems with 3.0.6RC1.

1. chmod -R /dir

2. The archive is required to install into separate web & data directories. Forums that can only run from web browsable directories will usually have a single zip file.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: q_bitand error keeping the forum down
Next Topic: PHP configuration for LDAP?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue May 14 17:47:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03114 seconds