FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Stop Forums Showing Home Page
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Stop Forums Showing Home Page [message #184634] Mon, 13 January 2014 21:34 Go to next message
Blogeezer is currently offline  Blogeezer   Canada
Is there a way to set up my site so that whenever a member signs in all the category names and their forum names do not show up on the screen. I have a lot of categories, and each one of these may have from 2-4 or more forums. That's a lot to show up when the page first opens. I know there are "+ -" signs to open or close the forums, but why do all the forum names have to show when the site first opens? I just want the forum category names to show initially, then the members can open the category as they please for the various forums in any one particular category.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 January 2014 21:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Stop Forums Showing Home Page [message #184635 is a reply to message #184634] Mon, 13 January 2014 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GaryM is currently offline  GaryM   United States
Admin Control Panel--> Category Manager --> Default view = Collapsed

I believe that's how it works.

Re: Stop Forums Showing Home Page [message #184750 is a reply to message #184635] Wed, 29 January 2014 04:15 Go to previous message
Blogeezer is currently offline  Blogeezer   Canada
Thanks Gary. I didn't reply earlier because I have not been able to access this forum for the longest time. Finally just gave up and forgot about it until today and thought to try again. Again, thanks.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Body mangling
Next Topic: How to control order of poll options?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 05 05:56:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02710 seconds