FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » How to use Search plugin hook
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How to use Search plugin hook [message #184718] Tue, 21 January 2014 20:06 Go to next message
wferguss   Canada
Keyword search is not adequate for our needs so I would like to write a search plugin. I see that there is a SEARCH hook in search.php.t, but I don't see how I can use it to do my own search. It only takes the search string, none of the other search attributes, and it doesn't return anything. How is this supposed to work?

I also noticed it's not documented on http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Plugin#Available_hooks
Is it even real/official/used?
Re: How to use Search plugin hook [message #184767 is a reply to message #184718] Sat, 01 February 2014 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
If it's not documented it's not an official hook.
You are more than welcome to submit a patch to fix it up.
For example, to return something should be as simple as:
list($search_data, $page_pager) = plugin_call_hook('SEARCH', $srch);

Re: How to use Search plugin hook [message #184815 is a reply to message #184767] Wed, 05 February 2014 17:57 Go to previous message
wferguss   Canada
I ended up adding a hook in a different spot, since all I really needed to do was change how the search_cache table is populated:

/* Remove expired cache entries. */
        q('DELETE FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}search_cache WHERE expiry<'. (__request_timestamp__ - $GLOBALS['SEARCH_CACHE_EXPIRY']));

if (!($total = q_singleval('SELECT count(*) FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}search_cache WHERE srch_query=\''. $qry_lck .'\' AND query_type='. $qt))) {
            if (defined('plugins') && isset($plugin_hooks['UPDATE_SEARCH_CACHE'])) {
                plugin_call_hook('UPDATE_SEARCH_CACHE', array($qry_lck, $tbl, $qt, $wa));
            } else {
                q('INSERT INTO {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}search_cache (srch_query, query_type, expiry, msg_id, n_match) '.
                  q_limit('SELECT \''. $qry_lck .'\', '. $qt .', '. __request_timestamp__ .', msg_id, count(*) as word_count FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}search s INNER JOIN {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}'. $tbl .' i ON i.word_id=s.id WHERE word IN('. $qr .') GROUP BY msg_id ORDER BY word_count DESC',
                          500, 0));
            }
        }

Any chance this could be accepted into the source?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Proposed code change to add AUTO_LOGIN plugin hook
Next Topic: Proposed fix to ckeditor.plugin
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:14:25 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02289 seconds