FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How To Assign Moderators
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How To Assign Moderators [message #184752] Wed, 29 January 2014 05:04 Go to next message
Blogeezer is currently offline  Blogeezer   Canada
It's either right under my nose or I'm dearly missing something, but how to I assign a member to become a moderator?
Re: How To Assign Moderators [message #184754 is a reply to message #184752] Thu, 30 January 2014 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GaryM is currently offline  GaryM   United States
Admin Control Panel -> User Manager -> Select "Edit" (User to promote to moderator) -> toggle the "Account Moderator" field to "Yes"

To assign forums for to a new moderator:

Select "Modify Moderation Permissions in the "Moderation Forums" field for the user you just promoted. A window will appear giving you the list of forums to select (check box).

Hope that helps!

Gary

Re: How To Assign Moderators [message #184755 is a reply to message #184754] Thu, 30 January 2014 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thnx Gary, will give it a try.
Re: How To Assign Moderators [message #184795 is a reply to message #184755] Sun, 02 February 2014 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got it. Now how could anyone find that, I mean it's not what I would call user friendly instructions because I could not see anything to give directions on setting up moderators. Anyway, that requires no reply, but thnx again Gary, appreciate your help.
Re: How To Assign Moderators [message #184798 is a reply to message #184795] Sun, 02 February 2014 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GaryM is currently offline  GaryM   United States
Your welcome. There is a section for the ACP/user manager that basically says the same thing, maybe not as detail as what I provided.

http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Moderator/User_Manager#Account_Moderator

I could expand on that section if folks feel it doesn't explain it clearly.

Gary

Re: How To Assign Moderators [message #184820 is a reply to message #184798] Fri, 07 February 2014 14:35 Go to previous message
Hi again Gary. I clicked on your URL and went back and remember having looked over that already, but the explanation you laid out in the first reply is far more detailed that what is printed in the documentation. So much more straight forward. Thanks again.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Staying logged in on multiple devices
Next Topic: File reverting back to original after editing (Solved!)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 04 06:15:23 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02433 seconds